• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lfzhao5

Reaction score
After doing some more research, ive discovered that Wesco boots do a true custom fitting, which is one tiny step below actual bespoke boots that use a new unique last. Instead at Wesco they take detailed foot measurements and then add leather onto the stock lasts they have to get as close as humanly possible to a true custom fit without actually having to go cast and mold a completely new last just for you feet. This method by far seems the most sensible to assure the correct fit, and when spending up wards of $600+ on a pair of boots, it really is a small ask of a one time payment of an additional $100 to get a custom last of your feet. Hell if i get a whites and they dont fit right, its at the very least 100 dollars on shipping and taxes( im currently situated in the British isles now) then having to sell the boots at a loss, spending the extra money to get the fit correct now is worth it in the long run and will end up saving me money.
I got my info from here btw

Damn though... 10-12 months lead time...oh well, gives me something to look forward to at least !

O wow this is the same as how fugashin do their MTM order, didn't know Wesco offer it too.

climbinglife

Reaction score
Got my boots back from being stretched. Still need to break them in as I only have 25 hours on them but its a little better. Behind my right pinky toe is still meh a little but it should work out as they break in more.
They really did a good job on the cut 430 sole. Love the nailed look through the leather.
IMG_3277.jpg
IMG_3275.jpg
IMG_3276.jpg

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hoppy_IPA

Reaction score
ALL -

can anyone compare sizing on the 55 last vs. Viberg's 2030?

I'm a 12.5 Brannock & wear a 12 in the 55 last and can occasionally get away with an 11.5 with thin socks. What size would you recommend with Viberg's 2030?
thanks in advance

Percivilla

Reaction score
ALL -

can anyone compare sizing on the 55 last vs. Viberg's 2030?

I'm a 12.5 Brannock & wear a 12 in the 55 last and can occasionally get away with an 11.5 with thin socks. What size would you recommend with Viberg's 2030?
thanks in advance

Tricky to compare because of the toe shape with the 2030, it tapers in symmetrically as opposed to the 55 which is more ergonomic. I'm a 14b brannock and my big toe is my longest toe by about 1/4", and it's pretty thick as well. I've had one pair of 2030's in a 12 and while they were barely long enough, they pushed my big toe over and it eventually led to me selling them. I've also had 2045's which are closer to the 55 for toe room, but with waaay less arch support. I really should have gotten 13's in both of them but then they'd probably be a bit too wide. My Whites are 13c and fit perfectly with probably 1/2" in front of my toes.

Short story long, I'd say 2045's are size for size very similar to the 55, and for 2030's it all depends on how your toes are shaped. I'd go 12 if your big toe is longest and 11.5 if your second toe is longest.

Last edited:

climbinglife

Reaction score
so you're keeping them - what concession were made?

they look great, btw. toe caps are perfect. i dig the exposed nails too
Yes i'm keeping them. The concession was an easy one to accept...Our bad, keep this pair, wear them. We will make you a new pair on us, whatever you want. Yes I have to wait 7-8 months for them but I thought that was more than fair.

theofficialhung

Reaction score
Yes i'm keeping them. The concession was an easy one to accept...Our bad, keep this pair, wear them. We will make you a new pair on us, whatever you want. Yes I have to wait 7-8 months for them but I thought that was more than fair.

So you're going to have 2 identical builds, only one will have 6 eyes and the other 8?

climbinglife

Reaction score
So you're going to have 2 identical builds, only one will have 6 eyes and the other 8?
No, that seemed counter productive to me considering that was the only error, albeit a big one, on an otherwise well constructed pair of boots. These will work for me but ultimately not what I ordered and was an error on the order. I was offered a brand new pair which I wasn't going to turn down so I decided to go a different route and I'm doing a pair of brown waxed flesh bounty hunters. Never experienced waxed flesh and never had bounty hunters before so seemed like a good time since it was comped pair.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another price increase 🤣🤣

Jimk4003

Reaction score
Another price increase 🤣🤣
I think I can spot the strategy here!

The base price for the 'Original' hand-welted 350 Cutter is now $700. The stitchdown C350 Cutter is just $575. Similar with the hand-welted Nomad ($700) compared to the stitchdown Cykel ($600), or the 'Original' 350 Cruiser ($670) vs the stitchdown C350 Cruiser ($575).

Prices on the other hand-welted lines that don't yet have a stitchdown equivalent don't appear to have increased as much. For example, the MP boots are still the same price as before.

Looks like the plan is to hike the prices on the hand-welted stuff once there's a stitchdown alternative available, so that hand-welting effectively comes as a $100+ upcharge option.

Last edited:

wordfool

Reaction score
I think I can spot the strategy here!

The base price for the 'Original' hand-welted 350 Cutter is now $700. The stitchdown C350 Cutter is just $575. Similar with the hand-welted Nomad ($700) compared to the stitchdown Cykel ($600), or the 'Original' 350 Cruiser ($670) vs the stitchdown C350 Cruiser ($575).

Prices on the other hand-welted lines that don't yet have a stitchdown equivalent don't appear to have increased as much. For example, the MP boots are still the same price as before.

Looks like the plan is to hike the prices on the hand-welted stuff once there's a stitchdown alternative available, so that hand-welting effectively comes as a $100+ upcharge option.

Glad I already have enough pairs of White's to probably last my lifetime :cool:

I was under the impression that the hand-welted versions were a type of stitchdown (aka Norwegian/rolled welt), in which case what is the real-world difference between the current "hand welted" and stitchdown versions? TBH the stitchdown version of the Cutter looks a lot cleaner than the "hand welted by a one-handed elf" look of some of my pairs of BHs.

I noticed the custom MP boots on the Baker's site are now $700 along with the Bounty Hunters. Weird to think that just a few year ago I bought some custom BHs and SDs for less than $500 (albeit in a sale).

Jimk4003

Reaction score
I was under the impression that the hand-welted versions were a type of stitchdown (aka Norwegian/rolled welt), in which case what is the real-world difference between the current "hand welted" and stitchdown versions? TBH the stitchdown version of the Cutter looks a lot cleaner than the "hand welted by a one-handed elf" look of some of my pairs of BHs.
White's particular implementation of 'hand-welted' is a variant on stitchdown; the upper is folded out underneath the welt, and then the outsole stitching goes through the welt, the upper, the midsole and the outsole. It's like a welt on top of a stitchdown.

In practical terms, I don't think the non-welted boots will be functionally any different from the welted versions; other than the outsole stitching being slightly cleaner looking, and potentially being slightly more water resistant thanks to the lack of a welt seam. They're still fully re-soleable and re-buildable; and stitchdown boots are just as tough, as anyone who wears Nick's, Wesco or Viberg work boots would testify.

I can't help but feel White's are deliberately trying to make their stitchdown boots more appealing than their welted counterparts, given that they're much more realistically priced and on shorter lead-times.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads