• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

theofficialhung

Reaction score
I started a custom build on Romeos and it's $244, not bad at all.
I will talk to Kyle if Baker's could order it for me.
How is the arch support?

Are you doing a Romeo build through Bakers? I don't see the option on the website.

The arch support is good enough for me, for someone like you it's probably the bare minimum.

I own veg tan Romeos and they are absolute tanks. $199 is a stupidly good deal, it really comes out to about $250 with shipping and if you get a non-work leather.

andy b.

Reaction score
I do like it lol. I also have to come to realize that I might be the only one who is active on here that has bought and worn this last. Not a lot of love for the 461 🤣

My LTT SJs on the 461 in black roughout lowers and smooth brown uppers are posted on here somewhere. Double midsole as well. I figured I may as well go for it all.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you doing a Romeo build through Bakers? I don't see the option on the website.
I built it on Wesco's website, I was going to ask Baker's since they have size and it would be easier to get the right size.

The arch support is good enough for me, for someone like you it's probably the bare minimum.

I own veg tan Romeos and they are absolute tanks. $199 is a stupidly good deal, it really comes out to about $250 with shipping and if you get a non-work leather.
My last two pairs of Allen Edmonds are on sale. I am looking to get something for when I am in a hurry and don't have time to wear White's ( eight inches tall).

Abe_Room

Reaction score
I built it on Wesco's website, I was going to ask Baker's since they have size and it would be easier to get the right size.

My last two pairs of Allen Edmonds are on sale. I am looking to get something for when I am in a hurry and don't have time to wear White's ( eight inches tall).
Basically what I'm looking for. Had to run twice last week, left the house in my too tight sneakers and though my feet felt like feathers, I hated how my feet were squeezed.
My white's are 7 inches but it's enough of a hassle to fold the tongue and lace. Sometimes i just want to hop into a boot and go.

Jimk4003

Reaction score
I am looking to get something for when I am in a hurry and don't have time to wear White's ( eight inches tall).
Basically what I'm looking for. Had to run twice last week, left the house in my too tight sneakers and though my feet felt like feathers, I hated how my feet were squeezed.
My white's are 7 inches but it's enough of a hassle to fold the tongue and lace. Sometimes i just want to hop into a boot and go.
This, my friends, is an opportunity to embrace the leathery glory of the engineer boot.

climbinglife

Reaction score
I'm planning to check out some Thursdays in person at their store in NYC for a pair of "beater" chelseas (the Legend most likely). I just hope they're better than my Blunnies, which are perhaps the most overpriced boots I own thanks to the recent price increase that pushed the 550s to over $200. At most they're worth $150, probably less.

Will White's ever make chelsea/romeo boots?! Viberg does, but Vibergs are silly money.
There used to be bigger price gap in years passed but White's has gotten closer in recent years. :(

Last edited:

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This, my friends, is an opportunity to embrace the leathery glory of the engineer boot.
A couple of reasons have stopped me from ordering Engineer boots.
1) I have talked to Kyle about Nomads in 55 last but White's doesn't allow customizations on Nomads.
2) Wesco Engineer boots are the king but I am not sure about the arch support in Wesco.
Also I had a pair of lower end Frye's Engineer boot and I never liked the fit. I know there is no comparison, just not sure how will Engineers fit (especially the shaft with no laces).

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That guy is tops for me. I should have gotten in on the Nail Shanks when they were 900$ and the wait time was 6 months. Kicking myself now.
I just looked it up, $1850 for a pair of boots!!!!!
Before the White's price increase, they would have gotten me three pairs of White's lol

Jimk4003

Reaction score
A couple of reasons have stopped me from ordering Engineer boots.
1) I have talked to Kyle about Nomads in 55 last but White's doesn't allow customizations on Nomads.
2) Wesco Engineer boots are the king but I am not sure about the arch support in Wesco.
Also I had a pair of lower end Frye's Engineer boot and I never liked the fit. I know there is no comparison, just not sure how will Engineers fit (especially the shaft with no laces).
Yeah, they're one of those styles you need to nail the sizing on. I was only really confident getting a pair of Mr Lou's after I'd had a pair of lace up Wesco's in the same last. With laces, you've got a bit of adjustment across the instep; with engineers, they either fit or the don't.

climbinglife

Reaction score
I just looked it up, $1850 for a pair of boots!!!!!
Before the White's price increase, they would have gotten me three pairs of White's lol
I get it, thats a lot of cash...but, and its a small but lol...He's one guy, building about 30 pairs a year and he makes it legit to your foot. Full on bespoke, handmade footwear. Its not tracings but a full on one to one multiple conversations, tweaking and getting it right just for you.
I'm not saying I'd pay 1850$ but I might, knowing what I know and have gone through over the years with different brands of boots.

I also come from the custom knife world where $1850 is a joke these days. Thats a rabbit hole you don't wanna go down lol. andy b knows of what i speak ;)

Percivilla

Reaction score
I get it, thats a lot of cash...but, and its a small but lol...He's one guy, building about 30 pairs a year and he makes it legit to your foot. Full on bespoke, handmade footwear. Its not tracings but a full on one to one multiple conversations, tweaking and getting it right just for you.
I'm not saying I'd pay 1850$ but I might, knowing what I know and have gone through over the years with different brands of boots.

I also come from the custom knife world where $1850 is a joke these days. Thats a rabbit hole you don't wanna go down lol. andy b knows of what i speak ;)

FKNA! A knife guy! I do handles and sheaths as a hobby, still want to get into forging at some point. Probably when the kids are older...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads