• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know. I've measured my foot by tracing it before and it's come out to about 10.5" which translates to a 9.5US

Littledog

Reaction score
I am new to the forum. I think I have read every post about White's boots I could find. I am looking for some input on the boots I would like to order. I would like a pair of Smokejumpers with the standard oiled leather but with a double midsole and the Vibram 100 outsole. Can anyone out there tell me what the break-in time for the double midsole was like, and how do they wear overall. Also wondering about using a single Celastic Toe box. Does the standard 8oz leather need the Toe Box? Love the look of White's, plus I tear up my boots. I need a pair that can take the abuse. Thanks for any advice.

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got one with single celastic toe-imo looks better than with a soft toe. No experience with a double leather sole though. Im sure teh White`s will take whatever beating you give it

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am new to the forum.  I think I have read every post about White's boots I could find.  I am looking for some input on the boots I would like to order.  I would like a pair of Smokejumpers with the standard oiled leather but with a double midsole and the Vibram 100 outsole.  Can anyone out there tell me what the break-in time for the double midsole was like, and how do they wear overall.  Also wondering about using a single Celastic Toe box.  Does the standard 8oz leather need the Toe Box?  Love the look of White's, plus I tear up my boots.  I need a pair that can take the abuse.  Thanks for any advice. 

IMO, give Baker a call and ask.

Littledog

Reaction score
These are the ones I like the look of. I really like the way the double midsole looks. The owner of these said there was no Celastic Toe Box. I will give Baker's a call to see what they say.

5569292563_56238e0321_o.jpg

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These are the ones I like the look of. I really like the way the double midsole looks. The owner of these said there was no Celastic Toe Box. I will give Baker's a call to see what they say.
:nodding: Those are killer. Let me know what you find out.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All the boots I've owned basically had a block heel anyhow it can be resoled with Cuban when the time comes so its all choice mine should be here January 30

Last edited:

konadog

Reaction score

This way he doesn't have to wait 5-8 weeks..

For all we know he could have an ass-kicking context next week. What good does a purchase order from Bakers do there? Nothing. Nice boots, fair price. If they're his size he won't regret.

Littledog

Reaction score
I spoke with Brandon at Baker's yesterday. He basically said the double sole ads alot of stiffness to the boot. It will break-in but not as much as the single. He also said with the double midsole and the Vibram 100 sole they can't stitch through all the layers. They still glue and screw the rubber but it is too thick to stitch all the way through. As far as these Smokejumpers pictured here, they said there was no additional toe box. I am going to email the pic to Baker's and get their input. I think these boots look kick ass! I am totally obsessed with these boots.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member