• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jawnzer

Reaction score
Yeah, that navy is absolutely stunning, especially one of the pairs that was posted quite early in this thread (around page 40) That pretty much sold me on it.

Just need to get something for the tough winters around here, something with a good sole, but something that doesn't look to bulky, and vibram 430 looks to be perfect for it.

Question I have, why does certain leather need to have a lining, but others don't?

JVAV

Reaction score
I think very few of whites leathers "need" to be lined. Some recommend it with cxl because of stretching but I have both lined and unlined cxl and I don't feel the unlined have stretched excessively. Lined will give a little softer feel though and warmth if you're looking for that.

4characters

Reaction score
First day to wear my new boots to school; no comments, but a few oncoming students nearly wrecked staring at my feet…
rotflmao.gif

These boots are ridiculously comfortable; they are redefining my definition of comfort...

4characters

Reaction score
See those squiggly lines? I call that lightning in the Chromexel…
No idea exactly what it is (cow veins?), but it looks super cool.

jawnzer

Reaction score
First day to wear my new boots to school; no comments, but a few oncoming students nearly wrecked staring at my feet…
rotflmao.gif

These boots are ridiculously comfortable; they are redefining my definition of comfort...
Those look awesome, love that navy! Makes my choice even easier.

cwmi

Reaction score
Here's a few pics of my natty cxl bounty hunters. 7" height, no celastic, red liner, brass eyes, navy cxl pull loop.

Those look great. How long have you had them ? My natural CXL still has that toupe color, they still haven't gotten that brownish patina. It's only been a few weeks though.

JVAV

Reaction score
@cwmi I've had them since late April but have only worn about once/week over the summer, hoping to get a lot more wear this winter. I've brushed them a couple times and that seems to have darkened them a little so maybe try brushing. Not sure of your experience but this is the dryest/least greasy cxl of the three pairs I have (1000 mile & Indy), are yours pretty oily?

b-ewing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ those are perfect my book! Tho if you specified all eyelets and ended up with speed hooks, you have every reason to reach back to White's for resolution. I've personally debated between speed hooks or none, but think speed hooks win in the end. To me, it just fits the boot's aesthetic. Regardless, man, congrats! They're awesome and deserve some good wear

cwmi

Reaction score
@cwmi I've had them since late April but have only worn about once/week over the summer, hoping to get a lot more wear this winter. I've brushed them a couple times and that seems to have darkened them a little so maybe try brushing. Not sure of your experience but this is the dryest/least greasy cxl of the three pairs I have (1000 mile & Indy), are yours pretty oily?

Yes , they do seem oily compared to my wife's 1000 mile (brown CXL) not quite as much. This is my first pair of CXL footwear and I was pretty surprised on how easily they scuff. I've tried brushing them and I end up making them worse looking, I will usually just wipe them with a damp cloth then rub or knead them and the scuffs come right out.

cwmi

Reaction score
I think part of the fun is building up the boot. I get to help out my wife, she has gotten bit by the boot bug. First her 1000 miles and now she wants a pair of White's. She is looking to build up a pair of lace up cowboy Packers either 14" or 16" with pointed toes in either brown oil or distressed brown.
Looking forward to see how these turn out.

JVAV

Reaction score
My natural cxl is dry enough that I have doubts its cxl. It does scuff pretty easily though like my other cxl, not sure what else it might be, maybe just a little on the dry side.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stimula