• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally not interested in the cheviot, but I am open to any shell cordovan boot MTOs we might get going.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I'm out on the Cheviot too, but I'm also not in a rush to get MORE SHOES (2013 was quite the record year, thanks/no thanks mainly to SF). If the Cheviot goes forward, great, I'll happily pass and look toward the following round.

Last edited:

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm also not keen on the Cheviots. I'd only be interested in boots and given what I already have (or will have), I'm left with Conistons, Skye/Skye 2 or Islays.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys,
Are you all hell bent on getting another makeup in cordovan? How about calf or scotch grain leather?

dusttruffle

Reaction score
Heard back from Horween today. They are sold out of cordovan but I was told to check back in June. Boy would I like a Coniston in either black or #8 grain cordovan.

I would be interested in a black shell conniston, *maybe* black waxed calf. double leather, dainite dimple or medway.

would be interested to see a side by side grant captoe & conniston

Last edited:

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Guys,
Are you all hell bent on getting another makeup in cordovan? How about calf or scotch grain leather?

I love shell, but not to the extreme or exclusive level that some do. I still really enjoy calf, CXL and grained leather. I also wouldn't mind a boot in kudu (missed out on the EP Carmina mto). Which makes me wonder if c&j would do an mto in kudu. Say in the Coniston. Just dreaming...

aldenfan

Reaction score
I love shell, but not to the extreme or exclusive level that some do. I still really enjoy calf, CXL and grained leather. I also wouldn't mind a boot in kudu (missed out on the EP Carmina mto). Which makes me wonder if c&j would do an mto in kudu. Say in the Coniston. Just dreaming...
What about a skye boot in a snuff or loden suede? Like this? http://www.google.com/imgres?q=croc...QcMDo&iact=rc&dur=324&page=2&start=35&ndsp=40

Or better yet, is there something like a "rough out" or kudu type of leather that crockett and jones uses? Something like this: http://www.upper-shoes.com/3197-3952-produit_zoom/bottine-elastique.jpg. What about a skye boot in rough out with dainite soles?

CTBrummie

Reaction score
^quite literally fresh off my feet, I had these Snowdons made up in rough-out late last year.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys,

I have been to C&J store in New York. I have viewed swatch books, there must have been over 150 different type of leather. Yes they have roughed out leather, something called Zug leather, it very rough even rougher than scotch grain leather.
I would be interested in lindrick made out of chestnut to Crockett and Jones hand grade antique chestnut or some redish brown grain leather but let not get ahead ourselves.
Is there anybody else interested Lindrick boot to begin with?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads