• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Shoe polish with much pigment can change that easily

I wouldn't use shoe polish. It would have to be dye to be permanent.

I'd probably be paying a shoe dyer like B Nelson $100 to dye the shoes. Even then, no guarantees it would look good.

I'd like to pay a premium to get the color I really want. :)

smoothie1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All I'm saying is there are multiple stores out there with the exact style and color you want--in stock. Personally, I would try to avoid the MTO process/premium/wait, but I agree it's important to secure exactly what you want, if possible.

mikeharo

Reaction score
I thought they looked good in the sun but couldn't snap a picture that I felt was accurate. So, I'll share what I got.

deltashell

Reaction score
Selling a pair of brown shell mccallums with very light wear in size 9, in case anyone has been trying to track down a pair. PM me if interested.

IGotId

Reaction score

Not cordovan but would anyone here be interested in a brown pebble Pembroke? (Same 325 last, pattern as the Marlow wingtip)

Granjamo suggested this makeup a few months ago in the C&J MTO thread and I think it would be excellent.

We will not be deviating from the above specs.

Bombproof stuff. Brown pebble is about as durable as it gets, and so is the dainite sole. Would be hard wearing in the sun, rain, snow or sleet. Unlike the cordovan Marlow (the Pembroke's horse leather cousin), these shoes wouldn't "bloom" in the rain.

Plus that pebble grain just looks awesome

In so far:

1. @granjamo
2. @IGotId
3. jrd617

Who else?

Sorry, I'm going to have to decline as I just placed an MTO order for a grain blucher.

fitzcooper

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just received my first c & j for RL shell, a new pair of Gianni's purchased from a forum member. They are awesome. Thanks to everyone (especially you Namor) who posted info about sizing and caring for the somewhat finicky rl shell. I am thinking about sending them to b. Nelson for flush metal taps since I am rough on my toes and don't want to put plastic taps on these beauties.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just received my first c & j for RL shell, a new pair of Gianni's purchased from a forum member. They are awesome. Thanks to everyone (especially you Namor) who posted info about sizing and caring for the somewhat finicky rl shell. I am thinking about sending them to b. Nelson for flush metal taps since I am rough on my toes and don't want to put plastic taps on these beauties.

Congrats!

Cursing you though as they are my size haha. I hope you enjoy them. I need Gianni's and Marlow PTB in my collection ASAP since I love my Lindrcks so much.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@burzan thanks! Yeah, Lindricks are on my list as well. On the off chance that you think you might take a 7.5 Gianni, pm me. I snagged a pair on eBay recently but decided to keep the 8's instead. I have the option of returns no the 7.5s but if you want them let me know.

Thanks for the offer but will have to pass. I think I have heard of people sizing down on the Gianni but I think my wide foot is still gonna need an 8. It's also a rotten time for the Canadian dollar to be making any large shoe purchases haha.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hey guys,

width

width

wow, both at once? congrats!

fitzcooper

Reaction score
I've been looking for a pair of Gianni's for a while (partially your fault @namor).. Found both of my possible sizes in the same week. Go figure. Anyway, I am keeping the bigger size, 8d. I like to wear thicker smartwool socks and don't like my toes to be cramped so I think they will be better than the 7.5. I also have a pair of Conistons that are 7d uk but I wish they were 7.5 because of my sock preference. Otherwise they are great boots. Got them from frans boone and they are dark brown grain with all eyelets.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads