• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I only smoke a cigar once in a blue moon, but that humidor makes me want to take up the habit. :p

Last edited:

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thank you both! I like to have some room because I will always end up buying a handful of good cigars here and there and store them forever. I break them out for parties or for when my wife goes away on business.

twistoffat

Reaction score

Moving right along;

Finishing will take a while, but I got it started today. French polish....ugh...this is about three hours of labor...four sides to go. The finish will shrink overnight and require more build up.

SG that is beautiful. Handwork at its finest.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you both! I like to have some room because I will always end up buying a handful of good cigars here and there and store them forever. I break them out for parties or for when my wife goes away on business.

Will you use Cigar Oasis for humidification device? I noticed that with age humidor lid lets in more and more air and maintaining constant environment requires more sophisticated device than a box with a sponge inside..

Hardware is one of those things that is incredibly expensive to prototype, in terms of labor, and reasobly cheap once produced at some scale....given that it isn't hand wrought copper, which is what I actually want.

There are some people in Italy and GB that I know who still make parts for antique boxes including brass hardware. They do it displaced wax casting etc. Not that expensive for small tea caddy or knife box type. For humidor I would look at Ebay.fr or Auction sites. Old brass hardware is pretty common and not that expensive.

Last edited:

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thank you!

MW, the cigar oasis gets a wide range of reviews so I'm hesitant to use it. I have an Elie Bleu humidifier set aside for it. Wax casting is ok, but my preference is for wrought material. I know basically where to acquire it, but my hesitation is the pricing, so I will save it for a project that really calls for it. Brusso and similar are perfect for this box, high quality reliable and not crazy priced.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For what it is worth I have been using Oasis non-stop for 6 years and never had a problem.

Bounder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SG, what are you using as a maker's mark?

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Absolutely right. SG, you should branch out from just woodworking. I think this thread and, frankly, the entire wood-working community is pining for a new face. These guys doing it now are all bark and no bite, so I am definitely rooting for you.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads