• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

conservative business dress WAYWRN: An Experiment

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stuck in HUMIDITY.. SIN.. So why am I wearing a woollen tie!
110504098.jpg
Trapped in KL International Airport - my 0140 flight to SHG delayed till 0700..
110506096.jpg
110506097.jpg

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
Since when is this a crime?

"Worse than a crime; a mistake."

~Tallyrand

Fred H.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
110504098.jpg

Absolutely spectacular, man. I've changed my mind about my next camera. Definitely going to follow your lead with the Fujifilm X100. I learned to shoot with a regular SLR and miss the manual settings. I understand that there is a learning curve, however. What's been your experience so far? (Can you post something here or on your brog that provides more detailed impressions?)

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^Looks nice,I don't like to wear gun boats with suits but that's a personal preference.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Big no on that tie.

I knew that'd be coming from you.

Originally Posted by forex
^^Looks nice,I don't like to wear gun boats with suits but that's a personal preference.

It's virtually all I wear, and I know I'm in the minority here.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sellahi22
Gorgeous watch. Watch nerds criticize Cartier, but no one makes a prettier rectangular watch. Far better aesthetics than JLC.

+1. I have always been drawn to those Cartiers.

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
The thing that screams to me is Charles buttoning both buttons on his tux. I love the way the man dresses, but he should know better.

He's a Royal Navy officer: it's typical for them to button all of the buttons on a DB, because they have to do it with their uniform.

srivats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I like the fit of that jacket a lot, Lufty. Really like the 3-r-2, the length and the fit through the chest and shoulders. The hat looks great too. What era BB sack is this?

Your trouser lengths make me cringe a bit, but I mostly always prefer a slight break over no break. I definitely like the choice of wearing LWBs with this suit and I won't repeat the tie comments.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by srivats
^ I like the fit of that jacket a lot, Lufty. Really like the 3-r-2, the length and the fit through the chest and shoulders. The hat looks great too. What era BB sack is this?

Your trouser lengths make me cringe a bit, but I mostly always prefer a slight break over no break. I definitely like the choice of wearing LWBs with this suit and I won't repeat the tie comments.

It's the same coat from the wedding shot the other week. Relatively new - maybe a year or two old.

Trouser lengths are slowly creeping down...

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
_scottyo