• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

concerts

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sold out in two days. This was at an 1,800 seat theatre. I was surprised he was playing there as I thought he would go to another local venue that is only about half this size. I think he may have picked this bigger place because it's all seats and not standing room.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hot Chip just announced at the 9:30 club on 4/10

I'm going

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Going to see Drive-By Truckers at the 40 Watt tomorrow night for the final night of their annual homecoming three-day run. These shows are always ridiculously good, and I haven't seen live music since I saw OCMS in August, so I'm stoked.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Going to see Drive-By Truckers at the 40 Watt tomorrow night for the final night of their annual homecoming three-day run. These shows are always ridiculously good, and I haven't seen live music since I saw OCMS in August, so I'm stoked.

I agree that DBT is great live. The first time I saw them was at a laundry mat, of all places, in Wilmington, NC back in 2004. I've seen them 4 or 5 times since then and they never disappoint. A buddy of mine went to go see them on New Year's Eve in DC and said it was outstanding. I was hoping they would have came to Detroit this time around but no such luck.

Next up for me is Yo La Tengo in February.

limping_decorum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
soundgarden last night.....excellent.....i don't listen to their cd's anymore but seeing/hearing them live is a totally different thing.

and what the **** happened to all night parking garages in DC?

sorry we close at 7....sorry we close at 10....sorry we close at 11....

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
got tickets for The National at Barclay Center. I think this will be my 12th time seeing them.

Also going to see Neutral Milk Hotel.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

got tickets for The National at Barclay Center. I think this will be my 12th time seeing them.

How consistent are they in concert? A few vids I've seen give me the impression they are pretty up and down.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I agree that DBT is great live. The first time I saw them was at a laundry mat, of all places, in Wilmington, NC back in 2004. I've seen them 4 or 5 times since then and they never disappoint. A buddy of mine went to go see them on New Year's Eve in DC and said it was outstanding. I was hoping they would have came to Detroit this time around but no such luck.

Next up for me is Yo La Tengo in February.

Agreed. This was time number six for me, and I've never been let down. That said, you can definitely hear the missing guitar since John Neff left. The music is still great, but there's a "fatness" or something that's obvious if you've ever seen them live before.

Also, this was an interesting show to see. Their manager died Thursday night, so the show I saw (Saturday) had a weird vibe, though the vibe changed as the show went on as the band played through the grief. The setlist was fantastic, and they played an amazing version of "Angels and Fuselage" to close. During the jam at the end, it was almost as if you could see them mourning. For about three minutes, it was like they'd forgotten they weren't the only people in the room, and they just let loose. Very moving.

soundgarden last night.....excellent.....i don't listen to their cd's anymore but seeing/hearing them live is a totally different thing.

How were they? I've always wondered how Chris Cornell's voice has held up.

Also going to see Neutral Milk Hotel.

Man, I found out recently that I missed Jeff Mangum when he came through town a while ago. I would really liked to have seen him in Athens.

Last edited:

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

How consistent are they in concert? A few vids I've seen give me the impression they are pretty up and down.

his vocal quality has some ebbs and flows but i have never been disappointed. They also have a different set list every night which is always nice.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been to one of Ludovico Einaudi's concerts? I'm strongly thinking of going, provided that I can still get a ticket.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Motherfuckers just rescheduled the ******* P-Funk concert. **** Boston and **** the weathermen with their ******* snow. Sons of ******* bitches.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Has anyone been to one of Ludovico Einaudi's concerts? I'm strongly thinking of going, provided that I can still get a ticket.

I just heard one of his pieces the other day and enjoyed it enough to look up who composed it.

limping_decorum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tame impala in atlanta and black flag in virginia on the 17th and 18th....

dave chappelle on the 21st in charlotte and on the 28th in atlanta....

black keys in july

mastodon in august

sleep and spiritualized at the hopscotch music festival in september

mudhoney in october...

Last edited:

GreenNYC

Reaction score
Caught Sunday @ Firefly. Who knew there were that many people in Delaware? Vampire Weekend set was great.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahholbrook122