• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Comfortable and Stylish Men Flip Flops

walterman

Reaction score
I'm mostly in a pretty hot area and thus when I'm out, I'm almost always wearing flip flops when I go out. Recently not long ago, my flip flops broke and it probably was one of the most comfortable flip flops I ever worn in a long time. They were Dockers brand and I bought them few years ago at JCPenney in NYC. Its also very comfortable and tan color and stylish. Not long ago when I was in NYC, i went to JCPenney trying to look for exact same flip flops but they didn't have it. If they did, it was some type of flip flops that was not comfortable or look horrible etc. Im back here now and looking to get a new pair again.

I was recently at a few shops here in NYC like Kohls and target and couldn't find any dockers flip flops or anything like it. They had those cheap beach type flip flops that are not the casual looking type but more like water type so to speak... so you all probably know what I mean by those.

The last time I had flip flops this comfortable was over a decade plus ago when i was in college and bought these tan color flip flops from American Eagle... i worn them for maybe two years.... before it broke... but back then i only worn it maybe a month or two a year. But after those broke, any type of flip flops i bought were horrible. Almost all of the ones i buy were not comfortable and gave me pain... and it gave me calluses. So it was painful and all of that.

Now obviously i wished i bought two or three of the same current dockers flip flops i had years ago. Last time i bought a dockers one on amazon.com that looks very similar to the one i had... only to find our when i received it... that flip flop was not comfortable at all and returned it.

Does anyone know where I can find comfortable men's flip flops whether online or in NYC? And i don't mean like those tight beach looking cheap sandals that are very thin that barely covers your feet.

Anyone have tips on this? I also wished i had the receipt... so i could know the exact model of the dockers flip flops i have. Then again, I can't get the same ones anymore right? Also i remember i paid like 25 dollars max for it as well. Obviously that price isn't going to get you much nowadays. Also the other important thing is i want it to look stylish as well. I seen flip flops that are comfortable but they look hideous etc.

walterman

Reaction score
I also see people seem to recommend Reef or rainbow men flip flops. I never heard of them ever but checked online and they do seem to look decent. Thing is I like the flip flops to be like docker's style ... something like this?

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the reasons why you haven't had any responses yet are (1) most people here have no idea what you're talking about when you talk about a "docker's style" flip flop and (2) no flip flop is "stylish". Which is not to say that they aren't useful and worth owning -- just that I'd only wear them in a locker changing room, around the pool, or in my backyard. Never to go out. Have you consider espadrilles or other summer footwear instead?

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What else do you wear at the beach/pool/lake or on a quick beer run? Shell cordovan boat shoes?
tumblr_mus1w5X8oY1qb05aco3_250.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads