• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

brad1234

Reaction score
For the Desert Boots in Beeswax leather, is there a version with a lighter colored sole and one with a darker colored sole as well? From the pictures I've seen online, there seem to be two different versions. Thanks

jlarson

Reaction score
I've heard around that you should get the clarks in about a half size smaller because
they stretch. Is this true? Also does anyone know hawkins mcgill? Saw em at
Urban outfitters- lot cheaper than clarks.

greyweather

Reaction score
I've heard around that you should get the clarks in about a half size smaller because
they stretch. Is this true? Also does anyone know hawkins mcgill? Saw em at
Urban outfitters- lot cheaper than clarks.

Do not buy HMG, they are garbage.
Clarks don't really stretch, they just run really big.

Hornswaggler

Reaction score
6pm.com appears to have put these on sale... I'm not seeing beeswax, but do see red oak, grey leather (which I got in B&S recently and like), olive leather and then some weirder colors.

lckychrmsbboy

Reaction score

For the Desert Boots in Beeswax leather, is there a version with a lighter colored sole and one with a darker colored sole as well? From the pictures I've seen online, there seem to be two different versions. Thanks

Yes, theres the original with crepe sole thats white. This model cost more. Then they have the Bushacres with a dark sole and are cheaper. Also I think the larger is different..at least from pics that what it looks like. I have the bushacres so I can't comment on the originals.

Dirty Gurty

Reaction score
6pm.com appears to have put these on sale... I'm not seeing beeswax, but do see red oak, grey leather (which I got in B&S recently and like), olive leather and then some weirder colors.

Grabbed a pair of the Red Oaks, thanks! Tempted to get the Olives too...

K2793

Reaction score
Do Bushacres generally show creases/wear faster? Mine have lots of creases, which is fine with me. I actually like the look. These have only been worn a week. I was hoping to use these as interview shoes though, and now I think I'll have to pick up something else. Would Beeswax originals be the best shoe to pair with a khaki and polo?

I did apply Sno-Seal to them which made them nice and dark prior to wearing. Perhaps that increased the amount of creasing. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads