• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

jittery zeitgeist

Reaction score
If you are new to Clarks DB, which one would you get "normal" brown leather or the beeswax one?

Could somebody please explain what's the difference / big thing with beeswax leather instead of "normal" leather is?

thanks.

alexanduh

Reaction score
just put the black dbs on a vibram sole and youre all good

bang_o

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dernsaw
Just picked up my first pair ever at Nordstrom Rack in Clackamas, OR for $30.00. I love them.

wow, how can you got it for just $30? i have check on Nordstrom web, they dont have any doscount on clarks DB
wow.gif

changed

Reaction score
those BA's I posted a few pages back were all $55 @ Nordstroms, so you might wanna stock up on the $30 and sell them or just wear them when you need a new pair!

zerostyle

Reaction score
Clarks at my Nordstrom Rack are also usually $55 and are usually in totally beat-up condition.

I ended up picking up a pair from banana republic - 40% coupon - 15% for ~ $50

elbozonic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zerostyle
Clarks at my Nordstrom Rack are also usually $55 and are usually in totally beat-up condition.

I ended up picking up a pair from banana republic - 40% coupon - 15% for ~ $50

whered did you get the coupons from? I cant find any 40% coupons anywhere. and the only 15% coupons I know of are the ones that can't be combined with other offers

bang_o

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Harbin
^i not do know, but you have if check on Nordstrom rack, they do got it doscount sometimes on clarks DB

hmm i think need someone to help me to get it, because i live far away from Nordstrom rack. haha. maybe next time when i need the new one
smile.gif

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tried on a pair today on the way home from work (beeswax) @ Nordstrom rack. They had a few semi-beat up pairs in my size for $59. Figured I'd think abut it over the weekend, but they were more comfortable than I thought.

karmaguy

Reaction score
so i've got a pair of the beeswax DBs but for my next pair I want something a little more unusual (color or pattern). Anyone have any suggestions for a company that makes DBs other than Clark's (or BB's pearl & co series)?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads