• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

mjbonne

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HystericFactor
Check out Urban Outfitters downtown on Granville. I saw a pair of beeswax there for $110CAD. Not sure what sizes they have though.

Thanks, wish I would have saw this earlier. I ended up buying a pair from pacific center downtown in sand suede, although I like the beeswax better. The sand suede is nice but I can't stand the look of these brand new, they need to get beat up a little bit to add some character to them. right now they kinda look like Uggs.

life like weeds

Reaction score
I recently bought a pair of DB in Beeswax Leather. I love the way they look, and I've only just now worn them for 2 and a half days (not even with that much walking). I know that they're the right size in terms of length, but I'm worried that my feet might be a little too thick and/or wide for them. They feel a bit snug around the sides, and when I walk, the natural crease in the top of the shoe presses into the top of my foot a little, and it's a bit uncomfortable. Is this just a natrual part of breaking them in? Will they stretch and adapt to my feet a little better?

korce

Reaction score
^ agreed, I wear mine with APC rescue (rolled up so heam floats just below the top of the boot - ie "no break"), 501s, and N&F weird guy. They look fine with the more tapered slim/skinny weird guys (kind of similar to APC NS in cut). Overall pretty versatile though they generally look better with a slimmer/tapered pant imo.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Ditto. I love my brown suede DBs.

StylingUK

Reaction score
Just want to add some feedback for those who wonder how DB would hold up during winter. I wore DB two days ago when it snowed in UK, it did get a little wet and cold while wearing it but it was still weareable. The snowed turn to ice/slush today so I decided to test it out again. It was way too slippery to walk (even had a few kids stopped to stare at me waiting for me to fall) so I turned back and changed into rubber sole boots.

Vernon-Dozier

Reaction score
Here is a Desert Boot tip for those pondering what size to order:

Unless I am going out on the town I like to keep my DB's tied loosely. You can use them as slip-on booties for quick runs around town or to the grocery store. I have two big Labrador Retreivers who love to disrupt me from tying my shoes so this comes in handy. I wear true size so they are a bit loose which makes them easier to throw on. For longer walks I wear them with thick Red Wing boot socks to fill in the space.

I even put in some sheepskin inserts and tried to convert them into UGG boots. However, the tip is so narrow that the top of the shoe rubs too hard on the top of the foot.
laugh.gif

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StylingUK
Just want to add some feedback for those who wonder how DB would hold up during winter. I wore DB two days ago when it snowed in UK, it did get a little wet and cold while wearing it but it was still weareable. The snowed turn to ice/slush today so I decided to test it out again. It was way too slippery to walk (even had a few kids stopped to stare at me waiting for me to fall) so I turned back and changed into rubber sole boots.

Yeah, I've even slipped a bit with DBs on when walking across asphalt after a light rain. They're not great for traction. But then again, they' are Desert Boots and not Water Boots.

PolePosition

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
Dark Brown rule

Agreed. Love mine, looks great with dark denim....and yes size down for a snug fit. I'm a true 10 and got 9.5. The 10 I tried on was comfortable but when walking around, my heel would come close to leaving the shoe.

If your feet are wide, I would not recommend them because they are slightly on the narrow side. I'm a D width and as far as width goes, they are not as narrow as Chucks but are more narrow than a D width shoe....wonder if anyone else can attest to that, for those that have larger feet and are debating whether to get them or not.

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got a pair of Varvatos desert boots from saks normally 300 and onsale for 100. Anyone else have these? I like the fit/look of them abit better than the clarks which felt kinda cheap to me in the store.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads