• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

Swoop41

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Seanallen
Today is the first snowfall and I need boots.
Thoughts on these clarks?

6219-630709-p.jpg

6219-630709-3.jpg

I own these, and they are by far the most comfortable shoes I own, and they look better on your feet than they do in those pics. I've been very pleased with them.

Order your Chucks size, and the fit is absolutely perfect.
smile.gif

mjbonne

Reaction score
hi guys, im kind of new here, just curious if anyone knows any retailers in the Vancouver area that sells clarks desert boots? I've taken a liking to the bee's wax but I know that they are impossible to get online.

jhdas

Reaction score
Are Clarks sizes pretty consistent across shoe styles? I tried on the only Clarks I could find nearby (the hideous looking clunky ones) and found I fit in a 10.5 (normally I wear an 11). I'm assuming the DB's will be the same?

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jhdas
Are Clarks sizes pretty consistent across shoe styles? I tried on the only Clarks I could find nearby (the hideous looking clunky ones) and found I fit in a 10.5 (normally I wear an 11). I'm assuming the DB's will be the same?

to be honest, i think i have to size down half for my DB's. i bought my DB's in 2005 (before all the hype!) in my normal shoe size and in the past year or so i've realized they were a tad loose on my feet.

hamish5178

Reaction score
I'm a whole size smaller in Wallabees than I am in Desert Boots, so if those are what you tried on don't be too hasty to get the same size.

HystericFactor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mjbonne
hi guys, im kind of new here, just curious if anyone knows any retailers in the Vancouver area that sells clarks desert boots? I've taken a liking to the bee's wax but I know that they are impossible to get online.

Check out Urban Outfitters downtown on Granville. I saw a pair of beeswax there for $110CAD. Not sure what sizes they have though.

jermdizz

Reaction score
Protip: I was at Martin & Osa yesterday and I saw DB's in grey and tan suede on sale for $59.99.

Doctor Quack

Reaction score
The picture is the beeswax desert boot, but there isn't any definitive evidence that that's what Journey is selling. The fact that the product description is not entirely true (I wouldn't say that the beeswax has a "soft suede upper") may be an indication that they just have the wrong stock picture. You might try calling or e-mailing them for clarification on the product.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Size down half a size for the J Crew ones. I bought a pair and returned them, the color was ugly and the shape was awkward.

PolePosition

Reaction score
Originally Posted by converge
Are these beeswax at Journeys? http://www.journeys.com/catalog_deta...larks&id=85507
1_85507_FS.jpg

Having *just* come back from Journeys, yes those are the leather beeswax they carry. They also have a suede that is the light tan color....and yes definitely size down 1 size from what your foot measures. I'm caught between sizes and they only had whole number sizes at the Journey's store I went to, so ended up not making a purchase.

mtgguy777

Reaction score
can anyone confirm the endless sale? it's not coming off for me

edit: never mind, just called and they said the desert boots aren't included in the sale.

Vernon-Dozier

Reaction score
Originally Posted by matsuya
Anyone own a pair of MacAlisters from JCrew?

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...9438/79438.jsp

Do they have the same sizing as the Clarks DB?

I just got the J Crew Dark Khaki's in size 11. My girlfriend and I love them and I'm looking at getting into some Clarks in different colors. I'm a true size 11 and the McAlisters fit a bit loose. Unfortunately the store didn't have a 10.5 to compare and the sales clerk stated most people run true to size in that shoe. Not sure if the 10.5's would be better but I'm not regretting taking the 11's. If you fall in between sizes definately go a half size down. As for color the dark khaki was best, the light sand and dark brown didn't appeal to me. I'm looking at the Clarks beeswax and antique brown leather now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads