• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ceviche?

hi-val

Reaction score
lol

A great one I had recently was shrimp, cilantro, avocado and lime with some very finely minced onions. I think the person making it used some red pepper flakes too. The shrimp was cut in a rough dice; they seemed to "cook" up faster than fish does when made in this manner.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
quick question: we have a local dish here in Manila that is almost the same as ceviche. From what I've seen, the vinegar is replaced after "washing" the fish the first time in vinegar. Is this also being done there?

seanchai

Reaction score
I had some ceviche last night entirely because of this thread and found it to be extra delicious.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ace Rimmer
Peruvian ceviche is excellent. There is a place called Lima's Taste in the West (?) Village in New York City which has stellar ceviche (and other Peruvian dishes as well). Highly recommended.

Do be careful not to eat ceviche in Peru as a tourist, however.

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
I think we should have a ceviche club with official buttons and stuff.

sybaritical

Reaction score
I have a killer Ceviche recipe that I've served on many occasions that marinates white fish and raw tiger prawns for 3 days in lime, spring onion and orange juice ( find the orange juice sweetend the taste considerably)

Don't know if it's regional or not but served up over lettuce and avocado with hot sauce it's incredible . Will dig it out later and post it up.

migo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SantosLHalper
There are a few places in DC that do it well. There is one place that I can't quite remember, Jaleo perhaps?

In any case, it's quite easy to make at home as long as you get fresh, good quality seafood. It's only a matter of the right amount of acid to cook the fish.

I had ceviche for the first time at Rosa Mexicana....I thought it was wonderful...like the OP said, heavy on the lime, but not bad. It's an excellent summer dish, I think.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In honor of this thread: halibut, shrimp, and squid ceviche tonight. Main course: fish tacos.
dscn2457ws5.jpg

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
quick question: we have a local dish here in Manila that is almost the same as ceviche. From what I've seen, the vinegar is replaced after "washing" the fish the first time in vinegar. Is this also being done there?
Don't think there's any vinegar in any of the recipes I've tried, amigo. The lime juice is what's doing the "cooking" here.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
My hat is off to you, sir.

But what up with the lack of beer?

The Heine is mine, the girls are having margaritas (yes, in wine glasses, 'cause the martini glasses were all taken).

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Don't think there's any vinegar in any of the recipes I've tried, amigo. The lime juice is what's doing the "cooking" here.

Interesting. Yeah I guess the Spanish connection somehow got mixed, since lime isn't readily available here. I gotta find good ceviche here.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmileFile