• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cashmere Sweater Hierarchy

Xyol

Reaction score

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My new Oxton vee neck in Tankard.

1000012712.jpg

It came a little clumped like that. I really love the colour which is lighter in reality. As said, it's a UK40 size, 51 cm pit to pit.
Fortunately the sleeves are long enough, and, although I usually wear a UK42/EU50 in this style and it's my preference, I can also wear this size.

ianskelly

Reaction score
Looks lovely, it looks very different to the colour on the frans boone website, would you say it is closer to the website or the picture you posted?

ianskelly

Reaction score
Yes, definitely.
Can I be a pain *********** and ask you if you get a moment to measure the width of the top of the hemline is ? Frans Boone seems to have the best colour selection for lockies but as I live in the uk and don’t know if they use standard lockie sizing it would be expensive to return

ianskelly

Reaction score
Can I be a pain *********** and ask you if you get a moment to measure the width of the top of the hemline is ? Frans Boone seems to have the best colour selection for lockies but as I live in the uk and don’t know if they use standard lockie sizing it would be expensive to return
Jesus I have just seen the asterix’s i on said a r s e !

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'll do.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So, it's 45 cm, stretching the knit. Total length is 66 cm.

Here you see it put on another Oxton in EU50 size. Curiously the sleeves have the same length.

20240107_110443.jpg

20240107_110457.jpg

20240107_110551.jpg

20240107_110504.jpg

bluespirit

Reaction score
I like the design of this Cavour cashmere cable roll neck

107477-beige-0598.jpg

SconesnOolong

Reaction score
Asking here since I couldn’t find a more suitable thread. Why is it that we can hand wash knitted cashmere but must dry clean woven cashmere? I have a woven cashmere blanket from Archibald and i’d probably much prefer to wash it than dry clean it (not really a fan of dry cleaning in general). But handwashing a blanket also doesn’t seem super feasible so I was considering a delicates cycle in my top loading washing machine… potentially in a pillowcase if need be.
Just wanted to report back, so that anyone else curious can search up later. The wash was very successsful, I pretreated a stain with a more concentrated application of my cashmere shampoo (laundress wool and cashmere) and let it soak for a bit in my handwashing tub. It’s a little big for the container though, for a good and thorough wash, so I took a chance and tossed it in the washing machine (top loading) on delicates cycle in a mesh laundry bag. Then laid it flat on the bed with the fan and dehumidifier turned on (set to 40%) and left the house for my day. When I got home it was completely dry. Compared to before washing, it has fluffed up a tiny bit, no where near the fluffiness it’d need to pill but just a more noticeable halo which actually make it feel softer and lighter.

Johnny80

Reaction score
I like the design of this Cavour cashmere cable roll neck

107477-beige-0598.jpg
Did you tried/order it?
I like the symmetry in general, here you have different bottom hem, not even double rib cut, with different turtleneck/sleeve hems. The back is clean while the front is cable-knit style with different sleeve design.
In my opinion you should tried it first and decide after. Fit design and quality should work hand in hand. Please keep us posted if you can since this is different and not so common

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads