• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cashmere Sweater Hierarchy

happydayz1

Reaction score
Rubato do a similar, although slighter darker, shade of this in lambswool. They have two blues, Waves and Courchevel.

Also have a look at the Instagram account Bienluienapris for images dotted throughout his timeline of him wearing this roll neck in Courchevel

B6A15678-26C1-472A-9254-8981A283C0B7.jpeg

1F2D3E47-96D4-4E18-A98F-13EB642C4115.jpeg

jbie

Reaction score
Any idea on who produces Bijan knitwear? I thrifted a shawl cardigan that must have been from the 80s/90s, made in Italy but no composition label

Iskander

Reaction score
Anyone own Colhays knitwear? Did you take the same as your William Lockie size? Confused if I will need to size up

ZRH1

Reaction score
Anyone own Colhays knitwear? Did you take the same as your William Lockie size? Confused if I will need to size up

I have Colhays 38/S and it fits me slighty tighter, ie. better, than WL by Frans Boone, which is one size down from their smallest direct offering of 40. Hence, I read it as C = WL.

happydayz1

Reaction score
I take size 42 in both Colhays and WL.

Colhays list 42 as a size large, whereas I would usually consider a size 42 offering to be a medium.

Regardless, I find the 42 in Colhays fits every so slightly bigger than a 42 in WL’s Oxton range. I would personally opt for the same numerical size across both brands.

Xyol

Reaction score
I mostly agree with the both of the above. I personally take 38 in Colhays and 40 in Lockie (at least for Oxton) because of the shoulder width which is something to consider. In general you should be fine with the same size though.

Xyol

Reaction score
I have Colhays 38/S and it fits me slighty tighter, ie. better, than WL by Frans Boone, which is one size down from their smallest direct offering of 40. Hence, I read it as C = WL.
For Frans Boone‘s WL stuff, at least the Oxtons are shifted down one chest size if their measurements are correct. Their 38 is 51 cm pit to pit which is normally a size 40 for most Scottish makers including stock WL.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For Frans Boone‘s WL stuff, at least the Oxtons are shifted down one chest size if their measurements are correct. Their 38 is 51 cm pit to pit which is normally a size 40 for most Scottish makers including stock WL.

Thank you for this, that will prove very useful for me, as I was considering to buy an Oxton from Frans Boone and was unsure about the size. Ordered now, will post on arriving.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I take size 42 in both Colhays and WL.

Colhays list 42 as a size large, whereas I would usually consider a size 42 offering to be a medium.

Regardless, I find the 42 in Colhays fits every so slightly bigger than a 42 in WL’s Oxton range. I would personally opt for the same numerical size across both brands.
I mostly agree with the both of the above. I personally take 38 in Colhays and 40 in Lockie (at least for Oxton) because of the shoulder width which is something to consider. In general you should be fine with the same size though.

Although you are a certain precise size, you will find, especially with knitwear, that mostly you have some margin for up- and downsizing, according to style and look you want to achieve.

Xyol

Reaction score
Thank you for this, that will prove very useful for me, as I was considering to buy an Oxton from Frans Boone and was unsure about the size. Ordered now, will post on arriving.
Please keep us updated. I have eyed one of their rollnecks but was not sure about the accuracy of their measurements.

multiccy-csa

Reaction score
Courchevel
Thank you very much indeed - yes, am aware of Rubato's Coucheval shade, but they don't offer a rollneck in that shade on the website, and the helpful chap I've been discussing various things with confirmed they don't do them. Perhaps they did in the past? Thier cloth is also a little heavy for such a (spring/summer) colour... i imagined Connell (Smedley) weight, rather than Rubato's.
Does anyone know where else i might find one?
Or the generic name of the (sky blue? Azuro?) colour so i can do some searching myself?

happydayz1

Reaction score
Thank you very much indeed - yes, am aware of Rubato's Coucheval shade, but they don't offer a rollneck in that shade on the website, and the helpful chap I've been discussing various things with confirmed they don't do them. Perhaps they did in the past? Thier cloth is also a little heavy for such a (spring/summer) colour... i imagined Connell (Smedley) weight, rather than Rubato's.
Does anyone know where else i might find one?
Or the generic name of the (sky blue? Azuro?) colour so i can do some searching myself?
They definitely did a Rollneck in Courchevel in late 2022 but it sold out pretty quickly at the time. I have the crewneck version in both Courchevel and Ecru and would agree it potentially would be slightly too heavy for warmer months.

An alternative might be William Lockie’s “mist”.

Fransboone or other stores who commission WL knitwear may be able to help in terms of a custom order in a Rollneck. The Oxton is 1ply so should be versatile for wearing throughout many months of the year (depending on your local climate).

HotDilf

Reaction score
Try eBay - every two years or so a gem like this pops us that is hard to pass, even if it's not my size. :)

IMG_2057.jpg IMG_2058.jpg IMG_2059.jpg

The color is the most striking blue I've encountered, similar to courchevel but slightly darker. One thing I really like about these knits is the tight rib hem which allows the wearer to crop the length to 60 cm or even shorter so it looks perfect with high waisted trousers.

happydayz1

Reaction score
Try eBay - every two years or so a gem like this pops us that is hard to pass, even if it's not my size. :)

View attachment 2103065 View attachment 2103067 View attachment 2103069

The color is the most striking blue I've encountered, similar to courchevel but slightly darker. One thing I really like about these knits is the tight rib hem which allows the wearer to crop the length to 60 cm or even shorter so it looks perfect with high waisted trousers.
Tight rib hem is becoming more and more a priority for me too for exactly the reasons you have stated. Works really well with mid to high waisted trousers.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lerune