• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL

skeen7908

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Image removed at request of The Office

If i can only find that in juicy..

I think the fencing works best in cors: the stiffer leather holds its shape better when worn unzipped which is one of the problems with the fencing
Order one!

I think nyarkies has a fencing in cors maybe he can post some more/better fitpics ;)

Hes right about the softness and fishy smell of the mew batch. apparently fish oils are part of the mixture used for tanning. They seem to be remarkably effective in giving the leather a lot of lustre and shine and making it very soft, but the jacket could be smelt from the other room with the door closed

This was causing domestic issues for me at home (wife wanted jacket kept outside)
I was advised that the smell was due to amines which can be neutralized by weak acids
I sprayed the jacket and lining with dilute lemon juice (like CCP ceviche)

It worked remarkably well! The smell is all but gone, and now has a lemony fresh tinge. Probably not what carol intended, but my wife will now allow the jacket inside

Last edited:

bdude

Reaction score
^^I have the scar in cors ( atelier batch from 2012) and it is stiff (smell is not fishy at all but very nice and particular leather smell that is still there after 3 years) . I feel the fencer would look better more drapey ( i.e. juicy) when unzipped.. however I love cors the most

Last edited:

bdude

Reaction score
Recent fish-tanned batch is very soft and oily, not at all like previous CORS
hmmm you are tempting me - would be good if nyarkis post bunch of fits!

For comparision here is my cors 2012 not very thick but stiff and super smooth

Last edited:

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok ok :) Here are some quick shots. I just threw it on with whatever I was wearing. It's an older production so the leather is stiff and armor-like.

CCP fencing lm/2267 CORS

eton97

Reaction score
Lol
I go through these periods.
It's just a phase I go through.
I'll replace it all again.
Don't worry.
I'm not bowing out
1f618.png

For those of you looking for some stunning CCP.....

1) CCP HIGH NECK LEATHER: CORS-PTC/10. Sz46

2) CCP BISON COMBAT SOLE WORKBOOTS. BIUS-PTC/10. Sz 9

http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19686

Last edited:

Para

Reaction score
@Jbravo That shirt really doesn't jive with the CCP blazer. The jacket, as all ccp suit jackets are, is very sharp. The shirt is not. Long and drapey never looks good with CCP. Outfit would be aces with an luc shirt.

Jbravo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't necessarily disagree with you. However I'm experimenting with different things and thought that this particular silhouette was pretty good. Can you post the LUC shirt you are referring to?

sepp

Reaction score
Guys,

I have an incoming taped breadsticks pants. Need some advice as whether the "tapes" are of sturdy material and it's not a fragile constructed garment?

What will be required to clean them? I have a feeling o won't be able to trust the local dry cleaners.

Sincere thanks in advance.

tvontheradio

Reaction score

Guys,

I have an incoming taped breadsticks pants. Need some advice as whether the "tapes" are of sturdy material and it's not a fragile constructed garment?

What will be required to clean them? I have a feeling o won't be able to trust the local dry cleaners.

Sincere thanks in advance.

As regards to tape seams, all my tape on my tape seam items have dissipated due to wear and probably from the heat emitted from my body. Then again my items are from 08 and 09.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads