• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bugatti Briefcase

illiterateabc

Reaction score
I bought this vintage black leather briefcase from Goodwill for about $10--the first leather briefcase I've ever bought. The brand logo says Bugatti and that led me to www.bugatti.ca. This site is one of the most mysterious retail sites I've ever seen; for what seems like such a high volume kind of store, there is no published information about their company, phone number to call, or even a customer service email. I sent an email them to find out if they had any info on this bag, but have not heard back. This model has probably long since been discontinued, but this seems to be the closest successor (though my bag does not have a padded laptop section).

Has anyone had any experiences with these bags? From what I can tell, the leather is buttery soft and the bag has been well used, and the coil zippers, while they feel a bit flimsier than I'm used to, were probably considered fairly standard back in the day and currently work perfectly. The bag has two gussets, and the bottom of the bag has a stiff platform that folds upwards into the bag when it's empty. The rear compartment has 3 divided sections for files, and the front main section is just open. Two front pockets, one zip-around and the other along the bottom, have the organizational system. The inside is lined with nylon, I think, and metal hardware for the shoulder strap appears to be brass..

So it's a pretty large bag (in my opinion; it's about 18x11x7.5), but I carry lunch and a laptop every day, so I felt like I needed the space. I wish I could get by with a 4" wide sleek brief, but I think I would just make it look obese. I bought it thinking that it looks much more professional than the filled-to-the-brim black Duluth Scout Pack I've been using for work, and that it can hold things I need for work during the week and then do overnighter duties on the weekends. My office is very casual--the most dressed up bag is an orange timbuk2 messenger bag that my male executive director uses (and I'm the only other male in this female-dominated office), and everyone else uses backpacks or totes.

What do you think? Ugly POS? Should've saved up for a Filson? (Actually I have an Otter Green Zippered Tote on the way, but I'm not sure I'll like the long handles or be happy with the lack of organization).

I apologize for the horrible photos; my photography skills do not go beyond point-and click.

Thanks for the feedback!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads