• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kik595

Reaction score
I was finally settled on Lofgren Donkey Punchers as my final winter pair when I saw a pair of White's for D.R. that I actually like even better visually...okay, so it's not 'same tier' as J.L., but why not give the White's a try?

I figure worst case; I can always send them back to D.R. for credit towards a different pair of Service Boots! ...right? :-D

That said, if anyone has tried Lofgren's Puncher and White's Lineman both I'd love to hear side-by-side thoughts from anyone!

White's Lineman
09-29-2022ProductWhitesNewSet2817_cf7af734-2b97-4f0b-8880-eef8b0529743.jpg

John Lofgren D.P.
lk004_blk_1_600x_0deac4e0-a2fa-49cd-807e-39d4520e5333_600x497_crop_center.jpg

I think the Lofgrens are a little dressier, but I have a plethora of semi dress and dress - I like the straightforward 'work-wear' vibe the White's design here has going, it's a little more sleek to me than their usual Crusier or Cutter.

Fenners81

Reaction score
I was finally settled on Lofgren Donkey Punchers as my final winter pair when I saw a pair of White's for D.R. that I actually like even better visually...okay, so it's not 'same tier' as J.L., but why not give the White's a try?

I figure worst case; I can always send them back to D.R. for credit towards a different pair of Service Boots! ...right? :-D

That said, if anyone has tried Lofgren's Puncher and White's Lineman both I'd love to hear side-by-side thoughts from anyone!

White's Lineman

John Lofgren D.P.

I think the Lofgrens are a little dressier, but I have a plethora of semi dress and dress - I like the straightforward 'work-wear' vibe the White's design here has going, it's a little more sleek to me than their usual Crusier or Cutter.
For me the White's are way nicer looking. The JLs might be a tier above but what does this mean in reality? More consistent stitching? It's not like the White's will ever fall apart.

kik595

Reaction score
For me the White's are way nicer looking. The JLs might be a tier above but what does this mean in reality? More consistent stitching? It's not like the White's will ever fall apart.
Liking the way you think there - and I realized weirdly why I like the White's so much - they remind me of my pop's ancient leather football cleats he got from his own pops as a kid to practice in, that were always in the old shed growing up! :D

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love this one!!

How does the 365 last compare to the 1757 last??
I wear 1757 in US13E & US13EEE.
For 365 Islays since there are no wide widths I have to go up to UK13 (also in Trickers Stows).
Both of them fit very well in their sizes. Haven't analysed any more than that unfortunately!

Drzdave58

Reaction score

White's Lineman

John Lofgren D.P.

I have a pair of Whites c350 cruiser. They are built like tanks. Exceptional quality. Anyone who doesn't own a pair is missing out IMO.

Fenners81

Reaction score
So, I found a pair, question is about fit. I'm an 10.5uk/11.5 us. Do Feits run big?
Generally TTS but on the roomy side. They come with insoles one of which is cork and can be removed, the other is leather. They're pretty special boots - hand stitched out of one piece of leather.

creynolds

Reaction score
Generally TTS but on the roomy side. They come with insoles one of which is cork and can be removed, the other is leather. They're pretty special boots - hand stitched out of one piece of leather.
Only available in whole sizes, so debating going up and then using the insoles. But not sure. 🤣

Nick@NicksBoots

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Nick@NicksBoots

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Its official, I am going skiing in the Italian Alps come March. So...I think I need some new boots. I was checking out the Grenson Bradys and Bobbys (They have a pair that are shearling lined) and the C&J Aldershots. I could just wear my Islays, but what fun would that be. So, give me some recommendations. Shearling lined boots are not a must, but since I have cold feet, would be welcome.

Thanks!

Cole
Take a look at Viberg sample sale as they may have some hikers in your size. Well worth a punt at those prices. TTS UK to Viberg.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuricG