• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
C&J Skye2
IMG_3594.jpeg

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm traveling to NYC for the Stitchdown Boot Camp.

It's an event for boot enthusiasts to meet up. We will also get measured by a few brands and spend the weekend hanging out.

This was the questioning I encountered with US Customs:

USC: Where are you traveling to?

Me: NYC. Brooklyn to be exact.

USC: Purpose of travel today?

Me: Boot event

USC: Come again?

Me: Stitchdown Boot Camp (I started to pull out phone...). An event for boot enthusiasts.

USC: Work related?

Me: Pleasure.

USC: Pleasure in boots?

Me: It's a group of guys who are into boots. We're going to hang out. Get measured. Buy boots.

USC: You're traveling alone?

Me: Yes. I'll meet friends there.

USC: So it's a bunch of people into boots?

Me: Yes sir.

USC: This one takes the cake today. Enjoy your trip. And buy American made if it's offered.
I’m quite jealous, I really wish I had the time, I really wanted to attend this event. Hoping to see some pics from you of your visit.

M.Photog

Reaction score
I'm traveling to NYC for the Stitchdown Boot Camp.

It's an event for boot enthusiasts to meet up. We will also get measured by a few brands and spend the weekend hanging out.

This was the questioning I encountered with US Customs:

USC: Where are you traveling to?

Me: NYC. Brooklyn to be exact.

USC: Purpose of travel today?

Me: Boot event

USC: Come again?

Me: Stitchdown Boot Camp (I started to pull out phone...). An event for boot enthusiasts.

USC: Work related?

Me: Pleasure.

USC: Pleasure in boots?

Me: It's a group of guys who are into boots. We're going to hang out. Get measured. Buy boots.

USC: You're traveling alone?

Me: Yes. I'll meet friends there.

USC: So it's a bunch of people into boots?

Me: Yes sir.

USC: This one takes the cake today. Enjoy your trip. And buy American made if it's offered.

View attachment 2040971 View attachment 2040973 View attachment 2040975
That's what i get for to checking in here regularly.:( Is it a annual event or are there any other events elsewhere?

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m quite jealous, I really wish I had the time, I really wanted to attend this event. Hoping to see some pics from you of your visit.

I'll post pics for sure.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's what i get for to checking in here regularly.:( Is it a annual event or are there any other events elsewhere?
This is the first one in NYC. Last spring there was a tour of Northampton.

kik595

Reaction score
I swear, reddit is useless for getting opinions - what do you guys think should be next and likely last for this year: C&J Coniston Tan or the newer John Lofgren Donkey Puncher in black CXL? My current collection below (aside from Alden Indy 405C's, which hadn't come in yet), and rep pics of the Coniston and DP.

IMG_2698.jpg

Dan Post cowboy boots, Viberg 2030 olive Chromepak, Allen Edmond Park Avenue balmoral, Alden Indy black cordovan, Alden Indy snuff suede, C&J Molton chukkas, and Alden Col. 8 cordovan jumpers from Sherman Bros.

C&J Coniston:

John Lofgren Donkey Puncher engineer boot:

They both fit my 'style', but more due to room and time to use than budget only want to add one more right now - which would you suggest adds better balance?

Cheers all!

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alden Brown CXL handsewn Indys for today.
20231006_174954.jpg
20231006_174929.jpg
20231006_175124.jpg
20231006_175055.jpg
20231006_175044.jpg
20231006_175237.jpg

lurker33

Reaction score
I swear, reddit is useless for getting opinions - what do you guys think should be next and likely last for this year: C&J Coniston Tan or the newer John Lofgren Donkey Puncher in black CXL? My current collection below (aside from Alden Indy 405C's, which hadn't come in yet), and rep pics of the Coniston and DP.

View attachment 2041451
Dan Post cowboy boots, Viberg 2030 olive Chromepak, Allen Edmond Park Avenue balmoral, Alden Indy black cordovan, Alden Indy snuff suede, C&J Molton chukkas, and Alden Col. 8 cordovan jumpers from Sherman Bros.

C&J Coniston:

They both fit my 'style', but more due to room and time to use than budget only want to add one more right now - which would you suggest adds better balance?

Cheers all!
They are so different that its hard to justify one over the other if you want both, I'd say weigh the positives against each other.
The Coniston is Iconic, you know the fit already (Molton fits similar), the scotch grain is one of the best leathers out there imo, you don't own any tan yet. Meanwhile the Lofgren's are way more unique than a cap toe in your collection and are just as good quality as C&J are.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quite lovely. Are these the olive waxed flesh from Truman?

Martini Olive Rambler, from their members-only MTO back in August.

ETA: Very stiff leather too, just like the Black Burgundy (Burgundy Black? Can't remember the order) Rambler I got a few years ago. Going to need some gentle (1-2 hrs at a time) wear for several days before they're ready to walk anywhere in. Which means they're going to outlast me :p

Excited to start the process in a few weeks.

basu13

Reaction score
Martini Olive Rambler, from their members-only MTO back in August.

ETA: Very stiff leather too, just like the Black Burgundy (Burgundy Black? Can't remember the order) Rambler I got a few years ago. Going to need some gentle (1-2 hrs at a time) wear for several days before they're ready to walk anywhere in. Which means they're going to outlast me :p

Excited to start the process in a few weeks.
Ah ok. Then it must be the same or similar to my Trumans in Martini rambler. Lovely leather and chock full of character. Thick leather but wears in well after a few days. Here's a pic of mine.

IMG_20231006_184921.jpg

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 2041451

C&J Coniston:

Cheers all!
@lurker33 put it really well

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members