• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Speaking of too many boots…

Old school Trickers shell again.
IMG_9425.jpeg

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the split toes in grain leather also cordovan? I believe never have seen any before.

Interestingly they seem all the same colour. A slight preference?
Yes, they are shell. And you got me dead to right, I am partial to this color. Natural shell is probably my favorite color, but yeah definitely a pattern emerges when viewing the collection 😂

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was cleaning my shoe storage to move out some winter boots and move in some loafers, and then realized I probably have more boots than I should… or not?

TBH I am definitely not wearing some of them as much as I should.

View attachment 2157847
Tagged individual brands in my ins

Perish the thought, one can never have too many boots 😄

Fenners81

Reaction score
I know there are a couple of Hoggs Rannoch owners here and I was wondering if there were any who had the Glencarse model which I think is also made by Cheaney. I was wondering if they're any good but also how the sizing is when compared to Trickers 4497 or similar.

Marmite89

Reaction score
I know there are a couple of Hoggs Rannoch owners here and I was wondering if there were any who had the Glencarse model which I think is also made by Cheaney. I was wondering if they're any good but also how the sizing is when compared to Trickers 4497 or similar.
Can only comment on the Rannoch model. I'd describe the sizing as on the generous side vs all my other footwear of the "same size", they very comfortably take the thickest of socks.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have sold off most of my AE collection, and have moved on to other brands. But the shell trunk show always grabs my attention.

I also largely swore off used shell because I've had pairs crack on me.

But then my size twin Nick Papagiorgio reached out about these lightly worn shell Freeports. And for a great price. So I couldn't say no.

Perfect fit, and I'll take them for their maiden voyage during the next snow fall.

20240401_110107.jpg
20240401_105912.jpg
20240401_105905.jpg

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have supported AE in a massive way.
Why did you sell them off???
Why have you moved on to other brands???

A lot of QC issues with AE. Price point wise, I'd rather go with smaller brands like Iron Boots or Grant Stone.

I also got into Alden...

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads