• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BNWT Polo Blue Label Dark Blue Suit - Size 50Eu - $280 shipped

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got this from Yoox last year, and I really wanted to keep it, but it is just too big for my current frame. It actually fits decently around the shoulders, but I am too narrow in the body and hips to make alterations worthwhile at this point. I am a little sad to see this go. The suit is a 3 roll 2 model in a midweight nailhead dark blue 100% wool (the second pic was included to show the color as accurately as possible.) I was not a fan of nailheads before this. This pattern made me change my mind. Jacket has Very nice roll on the lapel. Very subtle pick stitching on the external pockets and lapels. Besom flapped pockets. 4 internal pockets. Kissing sleeve buttons. All buttons are a complementary dark brown horn. Dual side vents. The jacket body is lined in blue bemberg, the sleeves in striped ecru bemberg. The jacket is a slim 40R US, closer to a 39R, imo. Full disclosure: the stitching between the lining and body at the right vent is broken for about 1". Can be fixed by a decent tailor. I have knocked off $20 from my price to allow for this. Note that neither the body nor the lining is ripped. The stitching is broken, that is all. Shoulders: 17.5" Chest: 42" waist: 38" length: 31" sleeves: 25" (from shoulder seam to cuff end, 22" along arm seam.) The pants are a slim, flat front model. There is a notched back waistband, bemberg lining, zip fly and hook-and-eye closure. There are suspender buttons as well as belt loops. The front ponts are off seam, and there are two buttoned back pockets. The left back pocket has a loop-button closure. Hem is unfinished. Waist = 34" Front Rise = 11" Knee = 10" Hem = 8" Inseam = 32" Unfortunately, the suit did not have the model tags, but it is the "Euro" model, made by Corneliani for the European market. Price is $280 shipped in the USA (about $40 less than my cost ). MSRP is ~$1200 (possilby more now given exchange). I will ship this in a decent sized box so that the suit does not arrive wrinkled. Paypal at [email protected]

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like it, but why are the sleeves sooo short?
confused.gif

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The sleeves are actually not that short. The shoulders fit me pretty well, so the arms fit correctly on me, and the sleeves are the right length. and I am 5'11" with a 77" wingspan, so I have pretty long arms. The 22" arm length is measured along the arm seam (which is closer to the inside of the arm). The arm measured from the shoulder seam is 25". I'll adjust the original post to reflect this. together, they give a better idea of the shoulder pitch.

Countertenor

Reaction score
That's pretty much exactly what I want at the moment, except that if it fit me, it would also fit you and you wouldn't be selling it.
plain.gif
laugh.gif

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Countertenor
That's pretty much exactly what I want at the moment, except that if it fit me, it would also fit you and you wouldn't be selling it.
plain.gif
laugh.gif

Maybe you can plan to get fatter?
smile.gif

billiebob

Reaction score
I have this exact suit in charcoal. The nailhead is really nice, not too big, not too small.
$280 is an awesome price!

My suit is a 52R Euro, and I'm a 42r US, and it fits just like my other polo suits in 42R, save for the larger drop on the Euro model.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads