• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Underwear You've Worn?

Shiny

Reaction score
I usually wear CK briefs but I've been introduced to CK modal boxer briefs. They are unbelievable. Part of the reason I shy away from cotton boxer briefs is that I get hot in those in the spring and summer. But with this modal fabric, it is incredibly cool. Kinda pricey @ $20 each, but with a macy's coupon you can get them for a little less.

Last edited:

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since we're on the subject, does everyone here machine dry their underwear? I think that drying is what is making my underwear lose elastic, but I feel like I'd rather buy new ones rather than line dry.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Patrick James

Reaction score
No one else finds that boxer briefs ride up? I can't think of anything more annoying at the moment then when the material bunches up around the upper thigh.

Cylon

Reaction score
Tommy John boxer briefs

wont pay full price so I wait until Nordstroms has a sale

replicat0r

Reaction score
Under armor. Best i have ever worn. you barely feel it and its very flexible
if you sweat, it dries extremely fast, odor control, heat gear. Good ****.
you can buy the compression fit if you wear skinny jeans

penguinchris

Reaction score
No one else finds that boxer briefs ride up? I can't think of anything more annoying at the moment then when the material bunches up around the upper thigh.

Not all boxer briefs (and/or "trunks" depending on the terminology each brand uses - I'm referring to shorter-legged ones, usually known as trunks) are created equal. I like the ones from Uniqlo - very comfortable and don't tend to ride up. More accessible for people who don't live in or travel to NYC are Calvin Klein. They make a wide variety of products though, so you have to choose carefully or experiment because not all are that great. The good Calvin Klein ones, though, are great - very comfortable and again, don't ride up. Muji ones are good too (you don't have to travel to HK or elsewhere in Asia to get them... I first shopped at Muji in Bangkok, but they have three stores in NYC now and a US online store).

I like the colors and patterns that the Nordstrom brand (in "the rail" section) sometimes has, and they're relatively inexpensive, but they fit too tightly and ride up, so not recommended. Urban Outfitters always has cool patterns and you can get them for $5 in the clearance section (and there are almost always some trunks in the clearance section), but while similar in appearance the quality is not as good as Uniqlo and they're not as comfortable (though not bad) and they're more prone to riding up.

I've tried "luxury" brands but I generally don't think they're worth it for underwear. I don't believe in just getting whatever's cheapest either, though. Not sure why some people don't take their underwear seriously, especially on a site like this. I don't like boxers because they're too loose (and easily ride up) and I don't like briefs because they're uncomfortable and I don't like standard boxer briefs because they go too far down the leg and ride up. So trunks (boxer briefs with shorter legs) are the way to go.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this thread is hilarious

Seriously.

People, you do know that most men's underwear, whatever its brand and price point, is pretty much made in the same set of ever-shifting low wage factories? Sure, if you are going to have your silk smalls measured and hand-made by Italian virgins, you might get something different. But otherwise, uniqlo, muji, edwin, calvin klein, jockey - just get whatever happens to fit you (and this is completely ungeneralisable because we all have very different sized and shaped buttocks, thighs etc.). I know what fits me, and what I am used to, and I stick with it. There's no real point in recommending this brand or that to anyone else!

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone here ever wore thongs? I'm actually contemplating in trying them out cause I wear skinny jeans and would like something not too thick underneath.

Or do you guys think that's pushing a bit too deep?

This sounds hot. You're a girl right?

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Seriously.

People, you do know that most men's underwear, whatever its brand and price point, is pretty much made in the same set of ever-shifting low wage factories? Sure, if you are going to have your silk smalls measured and hand-made by Italian virgins, you might get something different. But otherwise, uniqlo, muji, edwin, calvin klein, jockey - just get whatever happens to fit you (and this is completely ungeneralisable because we all have very different sized and shaped buttocks, thighs etc.). I know what fits me, and what I am used to, and I stick with it. There's no real point in recommending this brand or that to anyone else!

So just because two products are made in the same factory, there can't be any quality difference between the two?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads