• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best type of wallet for the front pocket?

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BBdude
Anyone have a link to a nice one? Could use one myself. I saw someone in another thread link to a $155 Gucci one that is nice, but a bit too much for my taste.

Live in NY? C21 has Maslov money money clips (and tie bars) for very cheap prices.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Filson makes several credit card type wallets, one with a money clip. I own one with the clip and it works great for a front pocket wallet.

Patrician

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crane's
Filson makes several credit card type wallets, one with a money clip. I own one with the clip and it works great for a front pocket wallet.
Credit card holders/cases with attached money clips are ugly.
plain.gif
OP should look for separate accessories.

MaxJones

Reaction score
+10 on the money clip suggestion. I keep a sterling money clip in one back pocket, and a small Todd's credit card holder in the other back pocket. Coin change goes to the tip jar, street urchin, or occasionally a front pocket.

I've been doing this for years and I love it.

Tradition wallets are far too bulky and break the line of your pants, IMO.

BBdude

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs
Live in NY? C21 has Maslov money money clips (and tie bars) for very cheap prices.

Nah, but I'll be down on the lower east side in a couple weeks. I'll check it out.

I like the idea of the money clip, but I usually don't carry much cash so the money clip is futile when you have something like 2 or 3 20's on you.

Perhaps a weekend wallet would be ideal.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BryanHarig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
These are in my rotation. I also have standard backpocket wallets but use them rarely. The credit card holders are slim and forces you to carry essential items only.

DSC06681.jpg

Where did you get the top right credit card holder, I like it a lot.

Zegnamtl

Reaction score
If it does not fit into here, I do not need it.
L.V.
2 credit cards
health card
drivers permit
debit card
a few biz cards and some bills folded. not many, but who needs a bunch of cash on a daily basis anymore.

louisv1xbz6.jpg

CrackedCrab

Reaction score
I like this one I have from Flat Head, it's a light shell cordovan, resembling Alden whiskey. I think they also make it in black.

It's not super thin or dressy, but works well for jeans, etc... (picture makes it look bigger than it is)

000_0010-1.jpg

Mr. Macaque

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
all-ett

+1
I have one. It's slimmer than almost all leather cardholders, but you get the advantage of a full-fledged billfold. And for those who care, it's also veggie friendly
rolleyes.gif

Patrician

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crane's
Depends on the style.

http://www.filson.com/product/index....entPage=family

Actually thats even more ugly since its a wallet, which we have established to be ugly, plus an attached money clip, which I have established ugly.
tounge.gif

Style-wise is sh-/c-/would look something like this:

A credit card holder:
1190-rogue-ccard-holder-5-pock-blkandred-image-1.jpg

plus a money clip:

tiffany-money-clip-Q008.jpg

inlove.gif

lordofpi

Reaction score
Sorry all, but I've gone through every phase of this -- from trifold to bifold to case with money clip to money clip only, but nothing beats the old fashioni rubberband bank. No bulge, no "too many bills won't fit in clip," or "too few bills slide out of the clip," no "hang on, I can find it... it's in my wallet somewhere...," no ratty worn out leather, and minimal pocket bulge.

Step 1: Fold cash in half, big bills inside, singles on the outside (any other way is just looking to draw attention)
Step 2: Insert only necessary cards in between the fold of money
Step 3: Place a fresh rubberband of proper thickness (this comes with experience) around the whole lot.
Step 4: Live life wallet-free and have access to all your cards as well as cash at a second's notice.

I know will be mocked for this; I used to scoff at my father when he told me it was the best way and that I ought to stop playing with the other methods, but eventually, five years after he first told me, it won out. Give it a try, you may like it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics