• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Post-COVID Travelling Bespoke Option

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a guy on the forums who has a pieces from Genuardi and loved his stuff; forget his name but if you go in the bespoke thread you should be able to find it. He also gets pieces done from that small tailor in Philly if it helps track him down.

You can probably also see what pricing for Tapia Custom Tailors is in NYC--he took over from Nino Corvato so he should be solid as well and NYC based.

I believe that was @Encathol Epistemia although I haven't seen him post on SF in a while, so not sure if he is on a hiatus. His Genuardi pieces looked really nice...

St1X

Reaction score
There are way better options for MTM than Suitsupply... Especially with a budget of $5000.
No doubt. But turnaround time for MTM at SuSu is around 5 weeks with house fabric and if it needs to be redone add another 5 weeks and there you go, hitting the September deadline.
It's way better to show up in a well fitting tux made at SuSu than miss the deadline completely

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No doubt. But turnaround time for MTM at SuSu is around 5 weeks with house fabric and if it needs to be redone add another 5 weeks and there you go, hitting the September deadline.
It's way better to show up in a well fitting tux made at SuSu than miss the deadline completely
I'd much rather go to Armoury and get MTM Orazio and pay extra for rushed order.... Which is totally feasible given that Orazio usually takes 6-8 weeks for normal orders.

Suitsupply is just not comparable. The base pattern sucks and all parts of the jacket are machine made. Susu house fabric is Guabello or Dino Filarte I am assuming? Total crap stuff.

yanagi

Reaction score
does anyone have experience with JOSEPH GENUARDI

Genuardi made my wedding suit:

Genuardi2.png

My wife and I were both very happy with the outcome.

David Reeves

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No way you get bespoke in 3 months. Italy is fully shut down in August. No bespoke tailor travels to New York twice within 3 months.

Best option is Armoury RTW tuxedos. Even their MTM won't make it in time given the holidays in Italy.

I could have done it in a pinch but it’s too late now. I make in London and New York these days.

David Reeves

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

not been active in here for a while but I moved my shop recently to 32 Union square East.

D4E35950-2943-49FF-82EE-C8FEA38430C9.jpeg

My Instagram is probably more informative than my website these days @davidreevesbespoke

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads