• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Food Hells

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
I'm pretty sure White Castle is still around. At least it was when Harold and Kumar went there in that movie a couple years back.

BTW, Dairy Queen is another great one around here. Don't know how far those go. A lot of the ones you guys mention aren't around here. And we keep getting ads for Sonic on our TV even though there are no Sonics out here at all that I know of.

we have white castle, but no jack in the box, where I live.

I am ruled by my son and his nuggets - I would have to say that burger king and mcdonalds hamburgers taste pretty much the same to me, and I go to where ever the nuggets are judged better by my son.

I did, howver, just meet Quiznos - they have a fantastic sandwitch.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
we have white castle, but no jack in the box, where I live.

I am ruled by my son and his nuggets - I would have to say that burger king and mcdonalds hamburgers taste pretty much the same to me, and I go to where ever the nuggets are judged better by my son.

I did, howver, just meet Quiznos - they have a fantastic sandwitch.

I just tried a few days ago their prime rib sandwich. I should know better by now to avoid things with piles of beef and cheese (holy explosive cholesterol Batman!) but I must say to tasted good. And it filled me up.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
In Seattle we have Dick's.
dicks_at_night.jpg
This place publicly apologized in 1998 for raising the average prices of their hamburgers 10 cents. They hadn't raised the prices in like 30 years or something, and this move was a direct response to increased product cost and inflation.
smile.gif
As far as the product goes, it is similar ( i think maybe a little better ) than McDonalds, but its a local company, they donate a ton of money to charities, they offer a yearly $15,000 scholarship to all the employees working there over 6 months, and Sir Mix A Lot eats there (see "Posse On Broadway" for example)
dikcs9dl.jpg
Plus, this place almost provided one of my greatest triumphs in life. The Dick's eating contest. I was supposed to eat one of everything on the menu within five minutes. I came within half a chocolate shake and a self-serve tub full of diced onions away from reigning supreme. (this is only 1/2 of the menu pictured above)

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's so cheap. Our "local" (not so much anymore) hamburger place is Five Guy's, and a burger with fries and a drink is like $10+. It's insane.

In my small town we have a little hot dog shop owned by a family friend. It's called Sam's Hot Dog Stand and you can get two hot dogs (hot chili and nacho cheese is so disgustingly awesome) for $1.

I don't really eat at large fast food restaurants (I feel guilty as I despise large chains), but if I do it's usually Chick-Fil-A or Wendy's.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like the Jack In The Box tacos and Wendy's Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers. I don't eat fast food much anymore though, since I can eat very well for less than 5 dollars at the Vietnamese restaurants. The sandwiches on french bread with shredded carrot and melted butter are AMAZING; not to mention extremely cheap. I'd pay double what they cost and still think I am getting a good deal.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The crowd outside Dick's at bar-o'clock in the morning is the best. I don't know if you were around for that time that a girl complained about the fries "being soggy" (they are supposed to be that way) and was brutally heckled out of the area by about 30 Dick's fans.

Also, that painting of a cow on the wall, the efficient factory environment inside, and how they (are supposed to) calculate your total in their head and get you out of there within a minute of taking your order... it's an institution.

PS: they are expanding the Wallingford location (pictured).

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nobody likes Taco Bell? I don't eat the beef, but the steak and chicken stuff is alright. Since I am a lazy college student, I eat fast food all the time. I like pretty much all of them; the only one I won't eat is McDonalds.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
The crowd outside Dick's at bar-o'clock in the morning is the best. I don't know if you were around for that time that a girl complained about the fries "being soggy" (they are supposed to be that way) and was brutally heckled out of the area by about 30 Dick's fans.

Yeah... I remember that. It was hilarious.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey Dusty, Taco Bell just isn't fit for human consumption! That being said, the chili cheese burrito/chilito was my guilty pleasure there. Once they stopped making it, I have no reason to go anymore.

When I have a hankerin for cruddy fast food tacos, Jack In The Box's are cheaper than Taco Bell, and better.

If Taco Bell started making tacos with Chorizo or Al Pastor style, I'd be there!

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
Hey Dusty, Taco Bell just isn't fit for human consumption!

I don't know, I'm a lot less leary of their steak than of Wendy's's ground beef.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Popeyes is great for fried chicken and biscuits. The jambalaya there is also surprisingly good for a fast food joint. Church's chicken isn't bad either.

I don't like Subway at all - the ingredients (meat and cheese mostly) are of terrible quality IMO, and the subs never fill me up. I do like the fact that you can pick and choose what you want on the sub, and they offer a decent amount of toppings and sauces for the subs.

For sub shops, I like Potbelly's, Jimmy Johns, and Cousin's Subs. Quizno's is also pretty good, but damn expensive. I spend nearly $10 there when I get a combo with one of the deluxe/special subs.

I haven't been to a Wendy's in ages, but I almost stopped tonight. Does anyone remember when they used to have a buffet, or was that only a local thing?

Culvers has great buffalo chicken strips.

I haven't been to a White Castle, though there is one about an hour away. Some night we're going to take a road trip there, Harold & Kumar style.

jay allen

Reaction score
does McDonald's still do the lobster roll up in Maine from time to time? This always cracked me up when I lived there. As far as I can tell, Maine is the only place where McDonald's did this. Did they think Mainers were sitting around thinking, "Thank goodness for McDonald's - now I can finally get a good lobster roll." I can't even imagine that the tourists would go to McDonald's in search of authentic Maine lobster.
Yes....McDonalds offers a lobster roll here in Maine. Crazy isn't it? I wonder if they offer a Crab Salad roll in Baltimore? I can't imagine who buys the lobster roll here in Maine. There are so many places along the coast that serve the REAL thing that even tourists shouldn't be buying them from McDonalds.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
In Seattle we have Dick's.

I had Dick's when I was in Seattle a couple years ago....good stuff, I think it's funny that you have Dicks and we have In N Out, it's like there's an inside joke somewhere.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
Nobody likes Taco Bell?

nah, not when you have Del Taco. Their "big mac" style burger is severly underrated as a tasty hamburger. And the best fast food fries in town since they are the only place that still does crinkle cut.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my skin is getting greasier just reading this thread.

wendy's is what the kids like. triple with cheese for me. god that's a mound of burger.

i like their new 'soquid with a fpoon' commercial.

boston market, for greasy roasted chicken.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads