• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best dressed US president?

pvrhye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Necropost with some Dubya

burgundy.jpg

Greenandblue.jpg

Nice%20Knot.jpg

Tweed.jpg

Requiem

Reaction score
Originally Posted by radicaldog
The breast pocket on that Caraceni is perfection. As for the man, well, don't get me started.

Portuguese prime-minister, Jose Socrates, once revealed in a TV interview that he started buttoning the top of his 3 buttons jackets after Berlusconi telling him something like "It would look better on you, I know because I was a taylor's apprentice".
laugh.gif

pauliec

Reaction score
Great thread! As a new poster I appreciate this bump.

I know this is a painting, but this man definitely had style.

reaganwh.jpg

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
JFK by a country mile that man had class and knew how to get an attractive bit of ass!

Kurt N

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BPFT
Might not agree with his politics, but the man has some style and charisma.
Strangely enough, Berlusconi actually looks better when he doesn't dye his scalp starting at the hairline. Somebody mentioned Willie Brown. In a recent interview, Brown was asked why he thought people made such a big deal about his clothes. His answer was vintage Brown: "Because I make a big deal about them!" (EDIT - Here's the quote: http://articles.latimes.com/2010/aug...own-20100821/4)

billythekid

Reaction score
a few things i read recently. Obama is better at formal than Bush, and Bush better at casual than Obama. after seeing Obamas vacation pictures and Bushs ranch photos, and both of their White House photos....maybe they were right. Bush didnt look comfortable in a suit...neither did Romney.
I did read than Obama is only wearing a navy suit these days. probably true from what Ive seen. at least 90%

Cayma

Reaction score
Bumping this thread because it seems like Obama has been stepping out of his comfort zone style wise lately. I'm seeing more non-white shirts and ditto for non-black/blue suits.

In any case, if we're talking about other politicians, Jon Huntsman has to be one of the more stylish American politicians.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Presidents tend to dress like members of the Chamber of Commerce, or Rotary
of a third tier Mid-Western City. Even candidate Romney, the recipient of two Harvard Degrees,
and the son of a Fortune 500 CEO and governor of Michigan, dressed in a safe,
boring "corporate bland" style, even though he was based in Boston, a center of
at least ,Ivy style.

The late Senator Daniel Patrick Moinyhan of New York. A man who should have been
President, IMHO, typified an Ivy sprezz, which does justice to the American Style:

http://oxfordclothbuttondown.com/2013/01/united-states-of-trad-daniel-patrick-moynihan/

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member