• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best denim tailor in LA?

Althis

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bona Drag
Slightly OT, but what are Rising Sun's prices/fabrics like?
theyre sanforized cone denim kind of light, about 13-15 oz, prices are pretty high (300-400 range i think) mainly because they produce every pair of jeans in their back room, i got to go back and check it out and saw all the old vintage machines and their huge table with rolls of denim on it for cutting, they have a non denim line which is vintage style made in LA i think the woman said, they have their jeans in raw and washed/distressed (i saw them working on a pair of raws they were distressing, they do it all by hand) very cool shop and friendly people, definitely worth checking out if you're in the area

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
you mean, the restaurants in california thread with 8-9 posts about rising sun

laugh.gif

oshen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Althis
didnt see if anyone mentioned this, but rising sun opened in old town pasadena, i've taken several pairs to be hemmed, my PBJs and APCs, without asking they saved the denim from the PBJs but their chain stitching machine must have been broken or somethin when they hemmed my PBJs cuz they gave me the loosest chain stitch and it actually dropped a stitch, but on the APCs it was spot on, it was 16$ for a hem and they said 50$ish for a taper

http://www.risingsunjeans.com/

took back in my PBJs and they happily took them and are currently restitching the hem with a tighter stitch, heavier thread, and smaller hem size (the original size which they accidently did not replicate)

Got two pairs of jeans (Somets & PBJ) hemmed at Rising Sun in Old Town Pasedena. Was very pleased with the work and the best thing was that my jeans were done within an hour. It's $16 for a hem (you can request chainstitch at no extra fee).

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, so I'm in the boat of needing to find a denim tailor. I've used, and really, really like Schaeffer's Garment Hotel on Sunset, but living downtown it's just really, really far. Any good ones in the downtown area that do a chain stitch and do a reasonably good job of it?

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think rising sun, shaffer's and self edge are you only options.

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
i think rising sun, shaffer's and self edge are you only options.

Where is Rising Sun? Self Edge might be OK, but that's almost as far from me as Robert, so if I'm going to trek all that way I'd probably just go back there since he's a good guy and does good work.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
rising sun is in pasadena, more of a hike for you

AMGPro

Reaction score
Hi All. I am a Denim Revival's Customer over 10 Years. I can say tailor use to work with Denim Doctors. So she is the original tailor for 2 companies.
As I understand this is one way forum. One company and customers and friends and families of that company are bashing the competitors. So everyone if you want to find The Best Denim alteration and repair store check in the yelp.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hi All. I am a Denim Revival's Customer over 10 Years. I can say tailor use to work with Denim Doctors. So she is the original tailor for 2 companies.
As I understand this is one way forum. One company and customers and friends and families of that company are bashing the competitors. So everyone if you want to find The Best Denim alteration and repair store check in the yelp.
This stinks of spam and marketing. If this is Denim Revival writing this, bad move. I actually like (d) your spot.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
denim revival is garbage, the true denim doctors is on beverly also known as htc which is owned by Zip

Adroit

Reaction score
I use Marin Tailors in WLA -- Santa Monica Blvd between Westwood and Veteren. They are stellar with denim!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads