• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bespoke: The Beginning of the End

Tidybeard

Reaction score
For the record, I have absolutely no vendetta or commercial interests that might relate to my comments in this thread. I appreciate David's contributions but also believe I am entitled to my opinion.

I do recognise, however, that for me this is an interest - for David it is how he makes his living. This is an unfair balance so if my comments had any relation to David's decision not to post then I apologise.

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by David Reeves
As a "brand" albeit one in it's infancy it seems with every statement I make I get put on the "stand". I don't want to carefully craft every post like a press release. As a Brand, a business owner and an employer it no longer seems possible or wise for me to comment on the forums. For people that PM me for advice or information I can be reached via the email on my site. We are also working on the website now (finally!), offering highly specialized alterations in association with Madame Paulette and actively pursuing wholesale RTW with a number of stores in London and NYC. If anyone would like to be put on our Email list please contact: [email protected] Best, Dave.
Well, he shouldn't take them too seriously. Clothing nerds are all hot air. They have a hard time separating their style fantasies from reality. I find their greatest value is finding out how insecure people react to clothes.

peezie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
No list of Italian tailors is complete without Mario Zuccala of Florence.

- B

lol
laugh.gif

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know anything about anyone posting in this thread, but I fail to see how someone who takes an order and then faxes it to another country for production is any more an artist than the guy who takes my order for business card printing.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
As a "brand" albeit one in it's infancy it seems with every statement I make I get put on the "stand". I don't want to carefully craft every post like a press release. As a Brand, a business owner and an employer it no longer seems possible or wise for me to comment on the forums.

For people that PM me for advice or information I can be reached via the email on my site.

We are also working on the website now (finally!), offering highly specialized alterations in association with Madame Paulette and actively pursuing wholesale RTW with a number of stores in London and NYC. If anyone would like to be put on our Email list please contact: [email protected]

Best,

Dave.

I've said it privately and I'll say it here. I think the best way to resolve the Foo-Reeves clash is for David to make Foo a suit. Foo can then poast it on his blog and evaluate it. I had another inspired idea, which is a partnership with member mensimageconsultant for referrals for men seeking to improve their bespoke image.

Also David, you might get a better reception on Satan's forum (http://www.cutterandtailor.com/forum/index.php) where there are many bespoke artists seriously discussing their craft, oops I mean art.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
I've said it privately and I'll say it here. I think the best way to resolve the Foo-Reeves clash is for David to make Foo a suit. Foo can then poast it on his blog and evaluate it.

I think that it should be Matt who should make David a suit, but otherwise, sagacious comments.

- B

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
The last thread was spoiled by the constant bickering of certain Sfers on the essential subject of sleeves.

Sleeves are an essential subject.

Originally Posted by RJman
I've said it privately and I'll say it here. I think the best way to resolve the Foo-Reeves clash is for David to make Foo a suit. Foo can then poast it on his blog and evaluate it. I had another inspired idea, which is a partnership with member mensimageconsultant for referrals for men seeking to improve their bespoke image.

Also David, you might get a better reception on Satan's forum (http://www.cutterandtailor.com/forum/index.php) where there are many bespoke artists seriously discussing their craft, oops I mean art.

We could try this, but I've never related well with Artists. Maybe it's because I'm a Republican.

I think that it should be Matt who should make David a suit, but otherwise, sagacious comments.

Sweet. I'll take anybody up on that so long as they have to pay me for the results, no matter what. I charge by the divot.

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Sweet. I'll take anybody up on that so long as they have to pay me for the results, no matter what. I charge by the divot.

I thought all you lawyers charged by the word! I keed, I keed.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
Doesnt Patek like to put their name on their product though of course they are a company who manufacture watches rather than da Vinci.
Of course, the "da Vinci" is also a model of watch by International Watch Company (IWC).

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I cordially extend my invitation to this thread.

Oh: Regrets Only.

- B

I'll take a look ... perhaps it's a thread for poor spellers ... but then I am an artist.

EDIT: Good God ... twenty one pages ...
I just don't have the time or desire to read that.
In this case ... I'm afraid it's Regrets.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As long as Mr Reeves is not calling himself a tailor , I'm ok with it.

My understanding is the following:He is taking measurements and dispatch them to others to make the suit.

He has created a brand and see himself as a designer or an artist.

Do I really care? No.

Why? Because it was obvious Mr Reeves was somebody looking for potential customers.

Even if I fully understand the confusion expressed by some of his customers and the need for clarification, I'm more shocked by some people hidden agendas than by Mr Reeves business canvassing.

Being a Beotian myself, I have always thought that Mariano Rubinacci was a tailor himself and I was buying his clothes at the time.
laugh.gif

I'm just buying clothes I enjoy wearing and it will be better Style Forum if this philosophy was a bit more spread across instead of harbouring nevrotic threads.

OxxfordSJLINY

Reaction score
As a "brand" albeit one in it's infancy it seems with every statement I make I get put on the "stand". I don't want to carefully craft every post like a press release. As a Brand, a business owner and an employer it no longer seems possible or wise for me to comment on the forums.

For people that PM me for advice or information I can be reached via the email on my site.

We are also working on the website now (finally!), offering highly specialized alterations in association with Madame Paulette and actively pursuing wholesale RTW with a number of stores in London and NYC. If anyone would like to be put on our Email list please contact: [email protected]

Best,

Dave.

If it helps any David, I think you do an awesome job with the suits and other clothing that you make (based on pictures from you and your clients) at a price I thought for sure would never again be possible!!!!!
smile.gif

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As long as Mr Reeves is not calling himself a tailor , I'm ok with it.

My understanding is the following:He is taking measurements and dispatch them to others to make the suit.

He has created a brand and see himself as a designer or an artist.

Do I really care? No.

Why? Because it was obvious Mr Reeves was somebody looking for potential customers.

Even if I fully understand the confusion expressed by some of his customers and the need for clarification, I'm more shocked by some people hidden agendas than by Mr Reeves business canvassing.

Being a Beotian myself, I have always thought that Mariano Rubinacci was a tailor himself and I was buying his clothes at the time.
laugh.gif

Yes; I think even without hidden agendas, the tendency for some to belabour their points sometimes steps beyond the bounds of politeness and propriety.

I'm just buying clothes I enjoy wearing and it will be better Style Forum if this philosophy was a bit more spread across instead of harbouring nevrotic threads.

StyleForum has really lost much of it's appeal for me with the number of posters who simply take style much much too seriously. I enjoy wearing my clothes, and enjoy experimenting... While style "doctrine" has it's place, the need for some posters to impress their opinions on others here (welcome or not) really kills some of the playfulness and joy...

weilian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
tinfoil.gif

Well, the trial/test coat is in ... and I like it. But ... I also have a dilemma ... I'm no longer at all certain that I need the "real thing." This may well suffice just as is ... and be my real thing. I'm not saying I'd never need or use high-end bespoke again ... but 90% of the time ... this really could work.

I imagine my confession will get me expelled from some bespoke circles. And some SF & AAAC members may never speak to me again ... but ... oh well, c'est la vie.

You know, it just came to mind how 3D body scanning for tailoring was trialed, what, 5 years ago by BB, however hasn't really taken off. Anyone have any updates or new developments to this technology and tailoring stuff?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads