• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bespoke from Singapore (pic heavy!)

pkiula

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gshen
^^Thanks, and yes - fully canvassed.

They do all/any sort of lining you can imagine. I've had stuff done in qtr/half/full lined.

I discovered this just in time. Had my last suit fully lined made from Anthony Chan on the 4th floor of Far East Shopping Center (who is much more professional unlike some of the cheesy ones on ground floor).

I had a lot of sartorial touches such as the stitching that lines the lapel, etc. Fabric was S150 from Zegna.

He charged me SG$ 1,250. Did I pay too much?

Your suits in the pics here fit superbly (except that the first post--I'd get the jacket longer) but these don't have any sartorial details such as lapel stiches etc. How much does Iris charge?

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Detail shots as promised:

P1070639.jpg

P1070648.jpg

P1070641.jpg

P1070646.jpg

P1070651.jpg

P1070652.jpg

A lot of the weird wrinkles aren't there IRL!

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Pretty good. Maybe it's your stance for the photos but it just looks a bit too tight for the upper trunk.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics Gerald. It looks well made although I would echo the previous post that in these views it looks very well fitted in the upper body. The interior is well done - much care needed in part lined coats.

how is the suit coming on?

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

P1070639.jpg

P1070648.jpg

P1070641.jpg

P1070646.jpg

P1070651.jpg

P1070652.jpg

A lot of the weird wrinkles aren't there IRL!

Outstanding... Photos I'm sure don't do justice. I'm counting the days to my S'pore trip!
laugh.gif

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't want to rain on anyone's parade but that vent should be lying flatter or more closed than it is.

P1070648.jpg

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
Guys, think about how difficult it was to do that clean back in that light light fabric.

Nice coat, G.
smile.gif

Sorry, it looks like a woman's jacket from the back. Given the hips, the waist suppression is a bit much and a bit high.

- B

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks guys, keep em comments comin - harsher the better!

My extra prominent shoulder blades have been a source of h8 from the tailors, but i think we've done alright on this coat. Compared to the previous coats, this one feels noticeably less fitted. Not reallyyy getting the comments about tightness in the upper torso.

Balance has always been an issue on my coats though, and I agree the vents are flaring out a bit. Back balance too short?

Voxy - do you mind elaborating some? I looked and looked and it seems to be suppressed around my natural waist. Too much maybe, but too high?

Now if only
foo.gif
would agree to foof this..

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
G... I think the new jacket looks pretty good, but it seems a little too tight all around. Letting the waist out a bit might help the vent lay flat. Also, you might want to check the collar height. Looks like it's sinking a bit low. The "hourglass" shape is not everyone's cuppa but I think it kinda goes with the uno-button. Doc Holliday might like it. :)

Nice details btw. Lapels and pockets are very nice. The kimono piping is swizzle.

hymo

Reaction score
I would prefer the shoulders more extended. That way, you can have the same waisted silhouette without the waist being so constricting.

Confucius

Reaction score
Nice use of the vintage kimono silk(?)...looks like the red fan fabric!

Overall fits nice but the first thing I also noticed was the high suppression that Vox mentioned.

Will be moving to Singapore next year so I think I'm going to give these guys a try!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads