• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ben Sherman x Baracuta travesty

vvoc

Reaction score
i agree with you when it comes to logos, i enjoy the alligator (although not the polos since theyve been played to death)

I'm typically a small but ordered a medium in hopes of tailoring it slimmer...but im actually very happy with the fit, its very nice, not too slim but not too baggy, gotten tons of compliments since i bought it too

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
J
I saw some Fred Perry by (Guitarist something I'm sure you'd like) at Opening Ceremony today. They are numbered X/1000. I'm you could find it in the LA store.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vvoc
i agree with you when it comes to logos, i enjoy the alligator (although not the polos since theyve been played to death)

I'm typically a small but ordered a medium in hopes of tailoring it slimmer...but im actually very happy with the fit, its very nice, not too slim but not too baggy, gotten tons of compliments since i bought it too

How big are you? Did you size down?

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vvoc
i normally wear a small and sized up to a medium actually..... im a 36 chest if that helps...
Wow, really?! Looks like I'm in between a M and L. Maybe should get the L since there are no shoulder seams. I usually wear a small though too and I am a 39" chest, at 36", you probably really need an XS with today's cuts.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
J
I saw some Fred Perry by (Guitarist something I'm sure you'd like) at Opening Ceremony today. They are numbered X/1000. I'm you could find it in the LA store.

right on, probably the Fred Perry x Dead60s collab harrington in tartan (?)

I noticed the newest GQ has a bit on must-haves for spring and they keep referring to the "Barracudda" jacket....hahaahaaa wtf, it's commonly referred to as a harrington jacket. And it's BaracuTa, ....not a f'ing fish jacket

It's like calling all polo shirts, Ralph Lauren shirts.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
right on, probably the Fred Perry x Dead60s collab harrington in tartan (?)

I noticed the newest GQ has a bit on must-haves for spring and they keep referring to the "Barracudda" jacket....hahaahaaa wtf, it's commonly referred to as a harrington jacket. And it's BaracuTa, ....not a f'ing fish jacket

It's like calling all polo shirts, Ralph Lauren shirts.

No it was a polo shirt.

Paul Weller...found it!

http://www.hypebeast.com/2007/02/fre...ul-weller-polo

I think they are marked down to $74 now.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
No it was a polo shirt.

Paul Weller...found it!

http://www.hypebeast.com/2007/02/fre...ul-weller-polo

I think they are marked down to $74 now.

ah those.....sooooo 2 years ago
tounge.gif

but thanks for thinking of your favorite rice *****

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
ah those.....sooooo 2 years ago
tounge.gif

but thanks for thinking of your favorite rice *****

It's kind of sad that when I saw it I basically thought "Hey I need to tell some Asian mod dude I've never met about this!"

...and then thought about Robin in his Schiesser Revivals as I was buying mine.

confused.gif

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hossoso
Didn't J slim down a traditional (pre-image makeover) Harrington by himself a couple of months ago and end up with a great looking jacket? I am not about to try and search for it but I am pretty sure that happened and that there is a WAYWT shot of it in SW&D. He probably did it for less than $250 also. A slimfit G-9 is not entirely out of the realm of DIY sensibilities.

Mine was from Lands' End, just one of the random golfer old guy jackets you see at the thrift shops. But yeah, the alteration was ridiculously easy. The problem with sizing down on vintage jackets, for me anyway, is that the sleeves are always too short and often the shoulders are too narrow as well, so going with a pudge-fit M and slimming it down a little is the best option for me.

waywt100481vi5.jpg

I just opened about 4" of the lining, pulled it inside out, and tapered from the bottom hem up to about 2" in at the armpit then tapered back out to zero near the sleeve cuff.

Best thing, no faux Brit anus logos to pay for. Oh, and the jacket was like $6.

ioscan -fnk

Reaction score
Last years Ben Sherman harringtons at decent price here:

http://www.smartbargains.com/go.sb?f...&pagename=prod

I got the medium which is a saftey size for me and it actually fits great, relaxed but not baggy and the dark navy color is the perfect navy blue...defintely worth $49....Though if you weren't "in the know" about why these jackets are cool and their long history, they could easily be confused with middle-aged golfer wear.

butchhuskey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ioscan -fnk
Last years Ben Sherman harringtons at decent price here:

http://www.smartbargains.com/go.sb?f...&pagename=prod

I got the medium which is a saftey size for me and it actually fits great, relaxed but not baggy and the dark navy color is the perfect navy blue...defintely worth $49....Though if you weren't "in the know" about why these jackets are cool and their long history, they could easily be confused with middle-aged golfer wear.

My arm length from shoulder to wrist is 27.5". Would a large fit me or should I go for an extra large? I've been looking for a light jacket and those look pretty nice and don't have Ben Sherman's crap shield logo.

ioscan -fnk

Reaction score
Butchhusky,
I would get your saftey size. I'm usually a small but due to freakishly, disproportionately broad shoulders I have to go to a medium sometimes. Due to the relaxed (not baggy) cut and raglan sleeves, exact sizing seems less important because there is not an exact shoulder placement.....Since they are only $49, maybe get two sizes and send back one or keep both. I have a small on the way because I liked the medium so much and I know that it will fit as well as the medium and might be a little different look over a T-shirt for slightly more fitted look.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads