• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking: Do more luxurious ties really make a better knot?

Blaq tie I got as Christmas gift:

Seems perfectly fine to me.

Last edited:

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some do, some don't I find. A cheap tie made in China for $3 may still have a wide width at the knot area and give a good knot/dimple. On the other hand I've had higher end ties from affiliates here pre Henry Carter, (which I won't name) that knotted very poorly and I gave up on them.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The official SF 2x4 knot. Also wearing point collar today. Ran out of ironed shirts - my normal spread and cutaway collars. I notice that for me, for point collars to work, they need to be rigid. Tried on some of my older shirts with soft point collars and it's quite a mess.

CHECKstar

Reaction score
Has any Melbourne members made mention of the pop-up shop at 84 William St? I just popped in briefly on the way past – looks to be Stockland and Sons stuff mainly.

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any 38R fellas interested in a RLPL 50% cashmere 50% camel blazer?

Its tagged 40R but def a 38R fit. Ebay shortly for this $3,000 beauty

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents. Is there an exception to not buying anything during ban period when Oxford is waving $25 voucher in front of you and you are looking at something that's currently priced at $33?

Naka

Reaction score

Gents. Is there an exception to not buying anything during ban period when Oxford is waving $25 voucher in front of you and you are looking at something that's currently priced at $33?

Why would you buy anything from Oxford?

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Normally I wouldn't. Just every 6 months or so they send over a $25 voucher and I pick a beater piece to wear for <$10. Oxford Luxury range shirts aren't too bad to be honest. Currently their Luxury shirts use Canclini shirting and have MOP buttons.

Last edited:

lennier

Reaction score

Normally I wouldn't. Just every 6 months or so they send over a $25 voucher and I pick a beater piece to wear for <$10. Oxford Luxury range shirts aren't too bad to be honest. Currently their Luxury shirts use Canclini shirting and have MOP buttons.

I think sub $10 purchases can be considered rounding errors and ignored.

MickyD

Reaction score

I managed to get two belts that were on sale at $12.50 each ($50 - 75% I assume) for $0 with one of those vouchers once. Pretty shitful belts, but the price was right.

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Soz bro.

They fit really well allthough there is a lot of room in the toe box. I am probably more of a 7.5 than an 8 but there is no hell slippage and seem great.

I hadnt planned on jumping straight up to G&G- i love them of course but first hand they are prob a bit out of my price range. They popped up on the classifieds threads and here they are. Makes my day better as i was outbid on a pair of carminas today on ebay. Damn computers. What a day that would have been.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
edit: I got DPed.

Last edited:

wishiwasricher

Reaction score
You got the carminas? Damn....

Out of interest- were you sitting waiting at the computer near the end? I havent used ebay much so im a rookie. I thought i had them until 3 seconds to go when two people outbid me. Before i could re-adjust the auction was over :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads