• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

__PG__

Reaction score
Further evidence that StyleForum is a small world, I dropped into Zara today and flicked through the suits. Was doing the canvas test on some of the 'soft tailoring' jackets...it seemed canvassed (at least in the chest to me). A few minutes later another gent was doing the pinch test as well, commenting that some Zara suits are apparently fully canvassed...although he couldn't tell if these were.

Turns out he was a fellow SF member too (although he doesn't post much).

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Could you tell?

minch

Reaction score
That'd be me- small world indeed! Nice suit BTW PG- the flannel looked pretty warm too!

After looking at a few Zara suits, I think at least one seems fully canvassed (3 layers in the chest, and below buttonhole). But the canvas used seems vey lightweight and looked wierd once on (maybe suit was folded in transit?). Plus the shoulder stitching on the jacket i tried on was puckered/misstitched. But they are made to a pricepoint, so given that they could still be a good deal if the sleeve was stitched better.

Anyway. it was interesting to note that in the 4-5 suits i looked at, they were all made in different places- Portugal, Egypt, Morocco and Turkey. So just because one suit is canvassed, doesn't mean they all are.

__PG__

Reaction score
Originally Posted by minch
That'd be me- small world indeed! Nice suit BTW PG- the flannel looked pretty warm too!
Thank f*** too... temperature in Melbourne dropped to 7.5 degrees on the way back to the office (its now a balmy 8.5 degrees....woo hoo!). I thought you might be part of the SF bretheren...wearing a well-fitted non-charcoal/black/navy suit in Melbourne with a spotted tie and showing just the right amount of shirt cuff gave you away
wink.gif
Was that one of the Paul Stuart B&S purchases?

Selvaggio

Reaction score

math_grad

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley
If anyone can recommend a good watchmaker for an auto movt in Sydney conservative business dress I would be most appreciative. My watch needs a service and a poor experience at the "official" brand service centre leaves me loathed to go back there if there is a quality alternative.

I've used Thomas Czibula for 3 services (3 or 4 years apart) of an Eterna-Matic watch I inherited from my uncle. Web address is http://www.watchrepair.com.au/ He runs the shop with his wife and his son, a very friendly guy when I have dealt with him.

Can't recall the exact going rate for a service. I've never had any problems, and in fact when I first got the watch he restored it back to working condition. Hope this helps.

minch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by __PG__
Thank f*** too... temperature in Melbourne dropped to 7.5 degrees on the way back to the office (its now a balmy 8.5 degrees....woo hoo!).

I thought you might be part of the SF bretheren...wearing a well-fitted non-charcoal/black/navy suit in Melbourne with a spotted tie and showing just the right amount of shirt cuff gave you away
wink.gif
Was that one of the Paul Stuart B&S purchases?

Nope- this one is a Paul Smith one picked up on the cheap in the UK. Didn't expect it to get that cold today- i froze on the way back to the office.

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by math_grad
I've used Thomas Czibula for 3 services (3 or 4 years apart) of an Eterna-Matic watch I inherited from my uncle. Web address is http://www.watchrepair.com.au/ He runs the shop with his wife and his son, a very friendly guy when I have dealt with him.

Can't recall the exact going rate for a service. I've never had any problems, and in fact when I first got the watch he restored it back to working condition. Hope this helps.

Thanks math grad. He popped up on a Google search I did earlier and he services most brands by the look of it. Will pop in and have a chat to him. I appreciate the feedback.

Anyone know about these guys? http://www.masterwatchmaking.com.au/ Not sure about getting my watch serviced there but I might be tempted into a new Nomos...

labravajazz

Reaction score
Oh thanks, thats great - he was the one I was told about a while back and promptly lost the address so could not find him, so will go in asap. Cheers

math_grad

Reaction score
Only too happy to help. The straps he carries aren't too great (I happen to like Hirsch), but my watch has an awkward sized band (17mm), so I prefer to order a new strap rather then put in an 18mm strap. There's a local watchmaker who is a hirsch dealer and you can order off the catalogue. I don't use him for services, I wasn't happy with his work.

bhall41

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley
Thanks math grad. He popped up on a Google search I did earlier and he services most brands by the look of it. Will pop in and have a chat to him. I appreciate the feedback.

Anyone know about these guys? http://www.masterwatchmaking.com.au/ Not sure about getting my watch serviced there but I might be tempted into a new Nomos...

Nomos are nice - love the Orion in particular.

You could ask Nick at www.clockmaker.com.au whom he recommends in Sydney for repairs?

I have a vintage watch which is currently being repaired by Michael Presser at Precision Timing. I realise he's in Melbourne but he has a very good reputation, albeit I have found him to be slow.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xiaoli
^^^ I was hoping someone would have one of their blue osaka jackets in size 36...

Send one over here too haha. 36 Osaka seem to fit me perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads