• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Sydney-siders

Came across this mob on Military Road, Neutral Bay, yesterday:

http://luxiusshirts.blogspot.com.au/

MTM Shirtmakers primarily (but they also make suits). Shirts made in South Korea. Some Acorn and Monti fabrics and other smaller Italian and Japanese mills. Shirts apparently start from $109. Monti fabrics start from about $189. Two-week turnaround time for a shirt. Run by a Korean (I think) guy called Patrick Oh. Seems like a nice enough fellow. Quite a few fabrics in store.

Anyone heard of them?

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey Sydney-siders

MTM Shirtmakers primarily (but they also make suits). Shirts made in South Korea. Some Acorn and Monti fabrics and other smaller Italian and Japanese mills. Shirts apparently start from $109. Monti fabrics start from about $189. Two-week turnaround time for a shirt. Run by a Korean (I think) guy called Patrick Oh. Seems like a nice enough fellow. Quite a few fabrics in store.

Anyone heard of them?
Good find CEP, shirts look pretty decent for the price. I like this:

tobiasj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bit of Prince Charles style. Linen Db jacket perhaps? Plus very high rise pants and very, very low tie clip.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bit of Prince Charles style. Linen Db jacket perhaps? Plus very high rise pants and very, very low tie clip.

Charlie always looks great, I'd even go so far as to say he is beyond critisicm for things like low tie clips (more practical than a high one) and un-done DB coats (prob for cooling purposes if in linen), simply because he is always so well put together.

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Sydney-siders

Anyone heard of them?
I walk past them all the time but never given it a shot ... id be interested in feedback too!

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Too tight in the waist--not a great advertisement.
My comment was really more about the fabric but I don't agree with you about the fit. It's cut on the slim side rather than parachutesque, but I wouldn't say too tight. Maybe too tight for some, but it's within the spectrum IMO. The bit of overhang of fabric over the trousers indicates he can certainly breathe or have a big lunch if he wants to...

And if you have a look at the link CEP posted most of the shirts modelled on a real person are cut similar; none are what I would call "too tight".

Marbles

Reaction score
G'day Gents,

Does anyone have any experience purchasing liquor from overseas (particularly Scotch)? Wodnering if you might have a ballpark figure for any additional duties payable on 2 x 700 ml bottles costing 25 quid each.

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

G'day Gents,

Does anyone have any experience purchasing liquor from overseas (particularly Scotch)? Wodnering if you might have a ballpark figure for any additional duties payable on 2 x 700 ml bottles costing 25 quid each.

I dare say duties and taxes will be prohibitive, and you will be better off heading to Dan Murph's.

tobiasj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
C'mon, it's pulling at the last button. If he eats a big lunch he'll have someone's eye out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads