• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
For coffee in the city, there's Klink on Clarence St and Mecca which was already mentioned.

Cut above the rest IMO.
dont do takeaway at mecca - its subpar vs the eat in

otherwise TBM welcome to pop over to my place - ive got my ECM dialled in now and only use Double Roaster beans. *sense a live latte art challenge*
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dont do takeaway at mecca - its subpar vs the eat in

otherwise TBM welcome to pop over to my place - ive got my ECM dialled in now and only use Double Roaster beans. *sense a live latte art challenge* 
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

I'll rock up to yours

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited:

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know that someone a few pages back mentioned herringbone-weave jackets, so here are some photos of today's outfit:

- Grey, herringbone weave jacket by Herringbone;
- Blue-and-white university stripe OCBD by Land's End;
- Navy knit tie with white dots from Charlie's Wardrobe;
- Navy cotton trousers by Charles Tyrwhitt; and
- Vintage scotchgrain calf Florsheim longwings.

On the topic of herringbone-weave jackets, I've got a couple - the one shown above and blue one that is just a shade lighter than navy. Both were from Herringbone two or three years back. The blue, herringbone-weave jacket has waist patch pockets and a welted breast pocket, and is actually part of a suit. The grey jacket has flapped, welted waist pockets and a welted breast pocket.

Curiously, whilst I really like herringbone as a jacketing fabric, I don't like it as a shirting fabric, as it often has a bit of a sheen to it and tends to be very soft. Perhaps I'm just a contrary person, but I like my shirts to be crisp and my jackets to be soft!

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TBM, that looks very nice.

Herringbone actually did two grey, Herringbone jackets - one a few years back and more recently.

Mine has slightly unusual "self-fabric" elbow patches and I think it was made by Ring Jacket in Japan. From memory, the more recent grey herringbone jacket had brown suede elbow patches.

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Herringbone actually did two grey, Herringbone jackets - one a few years back and more recently.
Mine has slightly unusual "self-fabric" elbow patches and I think it was made by Ring Jacket in Japan. From memory, the more recent grey herringbone jacket had brown suede elbow patches.

IIRC, the one from 2008 has the silk tie fabric under collar, correct? It's purple and black or purple and navy. It also has three working buttons at the cuff?

Last edited:

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know that someone a few pages back mentioned herringbone-weave jackets, so here are some photos of today's outfit:
[
- Grey, herringbone weave jacket by Herringbone;
- Blue-and-white university stripe OCBD by Land's End;
- Navy knit tie with white dots from Charlie's Wardrobe;
- Navy cotton trousers by Charles Tyrwhitt; and
- Vintage scotchgrain calf Florsheim longwings.
On the topic of herringbone-weave jackets, I've got a couple - the one shown above and blue one that is just a shade lighter than navy. Both were from Herringbone two or three years back. The blue, herringbone-weave jacket has waist patch pockets and a welted breast pocket, and is actually part of a suit. The grey jacket has flapped, welted waist pockets and a welted breast pocket.
Curiously, whilst I really like herringbone as a jacketing fabric, I don't like it as a shirting fabric, as it often has a bit of a sheen to it and tends to be very soft. Perhaps I'm just a contrary person, but I like my shirts to be crisp and my jackets to be soft!

Herringbone is THE jacket material weave.

J -Man - you see my post on the LE OCBD you are wearing a while back?

Last edited:

streetminimal

Reaction score

MJ Bale opens in Melbourne from tomorrow. Was there earlier just trying on a few wares while they were setting everything up.
I am going to buy about 4 jackets, if anyone else gets them first, I cause you grievous bodily harm.

YES!!!! AT LAST

I'VE WAITED SO LONG

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yep that's right, I've got the most recent one (same one as TBM I suspect). I just picked the patches off and found it so much more versatile as an odd jacket to wear a bit more formally. it's my favourite odd jacket.

Looking good by the way.

Deapht

Reaction score
quick question for guys with meermins and other shoe experts. My feet are about 26cms by 10.8cms. Judging from the information in the meermin thread I should go with a size 8.5 because of the additional width?

And wouldn't going up a half size make the shoe crease differently?

Some sizing info for the Hiro last, sizes UK8 and UK8.5:
L 298mm shoe sole 8UK. - L 301mm shoe sole 8,5UK.
W 105mm shoe sole 8UK. - W 108mm shoe sole 8,5UK.
L 281mm last 8UK. - L 285mm last 8,5UK.
W 101mm last 8UK. - W 103mm last 8,5UK.
Feet 26,3 cm 8UK - Feet 26,9 cm 8,5UK

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm in need of two mop or horn buttons to replace those that came with my CJ gloves - can anyone recommend a website with a good range + reasonable prices? Cheers

A well-dressed thief man once told me that the best place to find horn buttons is the pockets of expensive jackets in David Jones..

I laughed, and then he said, 'I'm not joking..'

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

IIRC, the one from 2008 has the silk tie fabric under collar, correct? It's purple and black or purple and navy. It also has three working buttons at the cuff?

Was it that long ago? That's rather depressing!

Yes, mine is the one with the silk melton, with purple, blue and red stripes. It would have made an awful tie, but it gives quite a nice effect under the collar.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads