• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It depends what you mean by "casual". It can be interpreted in a number of ways. Casual for a mate's BBQ is different to casual for a Friday in your office. You'd wear shorts to one, but probably not the other.

So who else wears shorts to the office here?

PS Oli - moleskins are a tad warm for an Aussie summer I reckon. Gerry's suggestion of chinos is a good one for the warmer months. But do let us know what type of casual you had in mind.

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to wear shorts to the office. Some of the guys do. We've a Dutch fellow who wears shorts the moment the weather exceeds 15 degrees..

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think "homeless" is probably a little too casual. Poor bugger doesn't look like he'll keep too warm in that bus shelter either.

Last edited:

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I want to wear shorts to the office. Some of the guys do. We've a Dutch fellow who wears shorts the moment the weather exceeds 15 degrees..

All depends on your office of course, but only do it if you have the pins to pull it off.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd like to get a coat similar to what the person on the right is wearing:

I'm not sure what to use as a search term though. What am I even searching for here?

"navy mackintosh" and "navy raincoat" don't seem to bring up anything similar.

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It depends what you mean by "casual". It can be interpreted in a number of ways. Casual for a mate's BBQ is different to casual for a Friday in your office. You'd wear shorts to one, but probably not the other.
So who else wears shorts to the office here?
PS Oli - moleskins are a tad warm for an Aussie summer I reckon. Gerry's suggestion of chinos is a good one for the warmer months. But do let us know what type of casual you had in mind.

Good point. I'm still at uni so you can skip the office, just anywhere you can make appearances where a suit is too formal and a t shirt too slobbish - pubs, bars, dates, lunches, wine touring etc

Oh, and an agrarian theme :p

Chinos are a bit scary given my thunder thighs but i'll give them a go!

Last edited:

eightace

Reaction score
Just want to add my voice to the chorus of support for Henry Carter.

Ordered a pocket square last Wednesday night around 11pm, it arrived Friday. An excellent piece, top quality, and very nicely packaged. Can't wait to wear it.

Thanks Jason.

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm not sure what to use as a search term though. What am I even searching for here?

You want to dress like Harvey Specter? That's easy, just have collar gap :D

jmills

Reaction score

I'm pretty sure you'll have more luck searching for raincoat. Apparently The Armory used to sell these (made by Grenfell?):

The button thing on the sleeve is quite similar!

JRolley

Reaction score
Yeah big props to Henry Carter myself I ordered a tie today and although it won't be shipping until tomorrow the e-mail responses in regards to my request were fantastic and appreciated highly! I will post about the tie when it arrives (hopefully Tuesday)

eplam

Reaction score
Last edited:

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah big props to Henry Carter myself I ordered a tie today and although it won't be shipping until tomorrow the e-mail responses in regards to my request were fantastic and appreciated highly! I will post about the tie when it arrives (hopefully Tuesday)

Ok, spill! Which one did you end up getting?
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads