• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sceps

Reaction score
Afternoon gents, looking for a place in Sydney to buy a black satin bow tie and I dont want my pants pulled down for the price. Any suggestions?

tobiasj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ok thanks. Well i am glad i have made alittle light comic relief for a monday). Just purchased two pairs of shoes from Pediwear suede alfred sargents and loake single monk black leather. Will post some pics soon. This is the shoe horn I am talking about

Whoah, those are :slayer:

PapaRubbery

Reaction score

Sorry for the piss poor quality image (iPhone + dark carpark) but I wanted to show off the first outing of my first Henry Carter tie. Brilliant tie; I got lots of compliments on it all night. Showed up the others in skinny black/dark navy ties!

Smudge

Reaction score
^ Nice. Hard to tell from the angle but what width is that tie? I've ordered a couple of HC ties and am looking forward to receiving them later in the week.

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New delivery from Kent Wang today:

When I first bought some of his cufflinks, I was thrown by how small they were. But now, I love it. I think the fleur de lis links in this photo would just look tacky if they were too big.

Now when I work through DJs and look at the rows and rows of Paul Smith links there I just can't help but think they are all far too large and gaudy for my tastes.

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice haul, lachyzee. i'm really digging the tie and brolly.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looks like a visit to Azzaro might be in order.  Just got their email - http://azzaro.com.au/page/promotions

Thinking of popping down there too.cmooooon $100 suits.

On a sort of related topic, lately I've been reading up on some psychology books and came across the concept of the 'hedonic treadmill'. Worth a look into and how it applies to sartorial pursuits (or anything for that matter). Fun.

Last edited:

charliechan

Reaction score
I know double monks are kind of a silly #menswear cliche now, but disirregardless, I like them and I think they look great. So double monk yourself post haste, I say.

I've been single and dub monking (only in black though) although I work in N.Syd... haven't really noticed anyone else wearing them.
They're great, aesthetically and practically, especially since I can take them on and off quite easily when I need to go for a run / gym.

I thought it would really appeal to the 'dress like a boy' syndrome that most white collar aussie blokes have.

Dusty Brogues

Reaction score

Sorry for the piss poor quality image (iPhone + dark carpark) but I wanted to show off the first outing of my first Henry Carter tie. Brilliant tie; I got lots of compliments on it all night. Showed up the others in skinny black/dark navy ties!

Hey Mate,
I tip my hat, that's an impressive tie and by the looks of things a pretty money jacket as well.....

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's funny I bought this for the first season, autumn/winter but it's really a better spring/summer tie because it works so well with lighter grey and midto dark blue suits.

^ Nice. Hard to tell from the angle but what width is that tie? I've ordered a couple of HC ties and am looking forward to receiving them later in the week.

They are all 8cm as standard, yours should be there in the next day or 2.

jmills

Reaction score
My suede chukkas arrived today, just in time for the start of Perth's worst weather in months.
nod[1].gif

joiji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My suede chukkas arrived today, just in time for the start of Perth's worst weather in months.
nod[1].gif
Brand?

@Romp, do you have a copy of that picture of the Meermin suedes still? Any chance of a repost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads