• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In my post, (1) is direct while (2) & (3) are circumstantial. Contrary to common belief, there is nothing wrong with circumstantial evidence though. A lot of criminal prosecutions rely for the most part or entirely on circumstantial evidence (and must since wrongdoers often go to some length to conceal their wrongdoing).

Agree. Armstrong's remaining defenders are reduced to arguing that more than ten separate eyewitness accounts should be ignored because there is no positIve drug test. That's like arguing a criminal shouldmget off because, despite there being a host of witnesses who saw him do it, there was no fingerprint. It would not happen.

Also, the USADA has identitied at least 3 positive tests in its evidence. And, if we are going to believe Lance, we have to be prepared to say that someone as respected as George Hincapie is lying in order to frame him. Does anybody seriously believe that?

BTW, even if Lance does lose his titles, nobody is proposing that convicted drug cheats will be next in line.

As Plestor said, good riddance. Lance should ponder the fate of Marion Jones, and count himself well off.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh and this is an interesting infogram:
:hide:
http://www.cyclingtipsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/armstrong1150px.jpg

Scary. And it doesn't mention Frank Schleck's positive test this year.

lolscoolcat

Reaction score
hello SF!

Im looking at purchasing a pair of C&J Hallams from Edwards (cant resist due to code) and was wondering what size I should get?

I wear a UK8.5 asics kayano running shoe and they are comfortably snug.

Does anywhere stock C&J's in melbourne where i could try a pair on? I know Loakes are stocked at David Jones but how about C&J?

thanks in advance!

Simon at Elite

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
If you will forgive me just a tad of self promotion but I think you will have to agree that it rare for a small Australian site to be reviewed in a fairly well read American based online magazine and I thought my fellow Australian members might be at least slightly interested to see how we stood up

http://ziprage.com/features/exclusive-reviews/elite-suits-review/#.UDvvZdblNgk

I think it shows that us Aussies can do it as good (obviously I think better but of course I'm very biased) as the rest of the world

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
This all takes place in Brisbane.
Having downed an overly extracted machiato, l made my way into XILE. Within a quick exchange of banter l was told "no one should wear black shoes with suits, look at Italy!" I then looked down at my highly offended black brogues. Is it Death of the black shoe? or an ill informed barb?
After that hustle l had to down a blacker than black porter.
rules are for the ill-informed and lacking confidence

May I suggest you carry this photo of Simone Righi in your pocket
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

No wonder those stores are shutting down in Sydney with advice/service like that!

Last edited:

Gonzo

Reaction score
Girlfriend told me last night that all my pants are "too short". Apparently you can "see [my] socks sometimes". Bleh.
I have my first pair of no break pants and am still coming to terms with them.

Surprisingly, my wife likes them and besides "no one's looking at you / your ankles anyway ..."

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Trousers should always have a break, even if you like them a bit shorter. There should still be a slight break on the shoe, after all you don't want to end up looking like Pee Wee Herman.

I like Vox's term: a shiver of break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads