• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

__PG__

Reaction score

Funny Whingepool thread. I don't remember getting the snob down at any shop on Collins St. Ferragamo, Zegna, Prada etc all seem normal. Seriously though most of them are just Asian uni students on some slightly higher than normal salesperson wage, however delicious those ladies may be.

Can we meet up for lunch one day to have a look at these 'delicious ladies'?

fox81

Reaction score

update: ive got brand new kent wang polos:
1x short sleeve grey XL
1x white long sleeve XL
1x navy long sleeve XL

I bought because I read they fit extremely tight... while this is true these were still big on me. 39neck/100chest/6ft/82kg

Ill take $50 for the short sleeve and $65 on the long sleeves and ill pay the postage.

im interested. where are they big? chest? waist? length?

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
im interested. where are they big? chest? waist? length?
OK straight from the Wang himself...

40R jacket
18.5in shoulder
21 chest
20.5 waist
21 hem
28.5in length
7.25in sleeve width
9inch short sleeve
26in long sleeve.
16.5in "shirt size"

EDIT: realised you ask where they are big - chest/waist I wanted more of a fitted look. They look quite relaxed on my frame

Last edited:

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Had Grange once, over some heavy duty negotiations during lunch for a client. Cannot remember anything at all about the wine. What a waste.

I decided to make a quick visit today to Cloakroom to try out the Carminas. Well, guess what, shop in Surry Hills is closed. The Sydney desert is getting drier.

So Romp, grab the niche quick! Call me if you need someone to negotiate with the Northampton manufacturers :) I charge a pair of C & J for every hour- bargain!
What size are you? ive got a few pairs of barely worn carminas id be happy to let go

Pika

Reaction score
Dear Romp,

I apologise for intruding on your conversation.

In regards to your above comment.

I am size 10 1/2 and if you are looking to move those Carminas I would be happy to work something out.

Please continue Gentlemen.

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Dear Romp,

I apologise for intruding on your conversation.

In regards to your above comment.

I am size 10 1/2 and if you are looking to move those Carminas I would be happy to work something out.

Please continue Gentlemen.
pause.. im a UK9 .. continue

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm just trying to gauge interest - does anyone here wear a size 40 or 42 in Herringbone jackets/suits? I'm looking to clear a number of items from my wardrobe, most of which are brand new with tags.

E.g. Navy Blazer Osaka Cut (40), Navy Suit Osaka Cut (42), and the list goes on..

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What about a nice 4 n 20 with this bad boy?
http://www.smh.com.au/national/a-rare-drop-and-top-of-the-grange-20120629-218aa.html
'FORGET Grange, there's a new flagship in the Penfolds range - a cabernet sauvignon that costs $168,000 a bottle.'

Read about that in the Fin a couple of weeks back. Makes you wonder more so as they were pitching the product to the Russian luxury market.

Last year I shared a 1978 Grange with the wife and a friend, he had found it under a house he bought back in 2000 and had been keeping it. l opened it and let breathe for a about six hours and it was complex intense and I finally understand what all the fuss was about.

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm just trying to gauge interest - does anyone here wear a size 40 or 42 in Herringbone jackets/suits? I'm looking to clear a number of items from my wardrobe, most of which are brand new with tags.
E.g. Navy Blazer Osaka Cut (40), Navy Suit Osaka Cut (42), and the list goes on..

PM me mate

Last edited:

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

imo, bontoni is more about looks than quality in comparison to their competitors.

there was a rather intensive discussion a while ago. actually, i forgot in which thread. Ummm, where did you get this idea? Goodyear welted, quality leather, beautiful lasts. A forum member rated it near the top of most metrics, including value/money.
have a look at them and then tell me again, please. who did this rating, btw?

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Gemming. :foo:
But seriously, low SPI for one. Lots of fashion-y shoes. Itally. Sole not cut as close as serious Northapmton makers. Generally worse finish in other areas.

along these lines...

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Neither should saving up for your first pair of Vass or Carmina (or whatever the brand of the month is), which you buy on deep discount only to realise they are too big/small but you are too cheap to return them or buy them in a real store so you have them stretched/wear really thick socks (OTC of course) until you finally can't take the pain and decide to sell them in "slightly worn condition".

hmmh, imo the lack of due dilligence and basic knowledge is the key factor for ill fitting shoes. i'm absolutely with you that this can be prevented when tried on in person. following the discussion, it seems rather hard to get by this in australia, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads