• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well I've got to say, I'm thoroughly impressed with Tauer's latest blend 'Lonesome Rider'. I highly recommend ordering a sample to try.

It's interesting but withholding my vote on it as yet.

CD care to express an opinion?

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While we're on the subject of salad dressing, how about:

I come not to praise Caesar, but to bury him...

Last edited:

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Landmark or Harbour City?

Don't buy in HK, prices are at least 50% more than Euro. Nothing stopping you from getting sized up though. 

Landmark. Walk past it every day. Pretty sure I won't be buying it with my pissy salary and expensive rents here. I really wonder whether boutiques like these can survive in oz. Been cha chan teng like the rest of us office peons everyday.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

CD's opinion affects your olfactory senses that much, like a public servant who can't muster an opinion budget night until his boss tells him the opinion?

Not at all I got no feedback from the Mrs or Son in terms of its sillage and longevity. I'm curious seeing as that CD is the resident fragrance guru what he makes of it.

Last edited:

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

More **** that I cannot afford.

On display, they are akin to high art.

Buy them, put them on, and they stop being high art and start being spiv shoes.

Coxie, have you had a chance to try them on yet? Maybe not the green ones though.....and certainly not the patent leathers, just the regular Arcas.

TBH I don't even know what brand these are. Corthay maybe?

Anyway the most money I've ever spent on a pair of shoes was for my G&Gs, and while it was money well spent, I generally like to limit my budget per pair to three digits - which puts these horny little devils just slightly out of reach:

sebastian mcfox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not at all I got no feedback from the Mrs or Son in terms of its sillage and longevity. I'm curious seeing as that CD is the resident fragrance guru what he makes of it.

On second wearing I'm not sold. I like the smokey, leathery mid notes but there's a plasticy smell I don't enjoy. Best comparison I can make is with those My Little Pony toys from the 80s.

Petepan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Landmark. Walk past it every day. Pretty sure I won't be buying it with my pissy salary and expensive rents here. I really wonder whether boutiques like these can survive in oz. Been cha chan teng like the rest of us office peons everyday.

Tsui Wah is just a short walk from Landmark. The first cha chan teng to list on the stock market I think.

I dont know whether they will really bother with Oz. It would certainly be a tough job trying to convince people who prefers the blocky lumpy piece of RMW last over the sleek lines of the Arca last.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads