• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there anywhere to get decent MTM shirts in Brisbane?

Deer Style.

+1. Rene of Deer Style is very approachable. I've got quite a few shirts from him (as well as a few suits, odd jackets and pairs of trousers). He offers a few different choices in shirts - made-to-measure from China, the US (Individualised Shirts) or Italy (G.Inglese).

The Chinese shirts are the cheapest and can be made with lots of different options, including plenty of hand-stitching and mother-of-pearl buttons if you so desire. He has plenty of different fabric choices, too.

https://www.instagram.com/mrdeerstyle/

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meantime in other news the Wallabies beat Argentina in Canberra tonight.

AbsoluteStyle

Reaction score
Was quoted 4.1k for a 2pc suit - fabric - most of the popular brands up to s120s

I emailed BnTailor directly and prices start at 2800000 Korean won ($3000 aud)...

You might as well fly return to Korea (have a holiday) and have your suit fitted by them directly... The maximum I would accept is a $500 markup for the agency service provided by Joe.

I imagine Joe would be getting it at wholesale prices and even with delivery charges for multiple fittings, he is making a hefty margin per sale... This is the problem I have with "agents".

Article 26

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with trunk shows? I read that Edward Green will be having a trunk show at Double Monk this month. I haven't been to a trunk show and I don't know how it works. What do they do at the trunk show? Any ideas about cost? Finally how does payment work, does the customer pay a deposit and then the balance when their shoes are ready?

It's an excuse to charge 25% more :).
Generally, you're offered a selection of shoes and materials not readily available through online or retail POS. Also, it's an opportunity to customise a particular shoe (colour, leather, sole etc). If you are after a pair of black chelseas I wouldn't bother going, only worth the expense and time it you want something not available in colour, width or skin from the catalogue etc. It is a good experience to learn a bit about the variety, manufacture and materials etc, and have a proper fitting with a number of lasts.

Payment can be 50% at time of order & rest on delivery or all up front. Can't speak for double monk as haven't been to a double monk trunk show only leffot and leather soul, both in the states.

Oh, they usually throw in shoe trees.

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I emailed BnTailor directly and prices start at 2800000 Korean won ($3000 aud)...

You might as well fly return to Korea (have a holiday) and have your suit fitted by them directly... The maximum I would accept is a $500 markup for the agency service provided by Joe.

I imagine Joe would be getting it at wholesale prices and even with delivery charges for multiple fittings, he is making a hefty margin per sale... This is the problem I have with "agents".

Takes at least a couple of fittings to nail the fit. Pushing it if you try and squeeze in a bespoke suit for a holiday.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It is true that you could obtain a BnTailor suit more cheaply by going directly to the source, so to speak. However, many people would not have the time, nor the inclination, to visit South Korea in order to obtain a suit. Also, as sliq noted, you'd probably have to be there for a few weeks in order to fit in a couple of fittings, particularly for your first garment, and that would add to both the financial cost, and the opportunity cost of using BnTailor in Korea. Finally, I don't know how good the Park family is at speaking English, so that could potentially be an additional issue.

In essence, if you use Joe Ha in Australia, you're paying a bit more to cover his expenses and give him some profit, but you're also paying for convenience. It's up to the individual to decide whether the convenience is worth it.

AbsoluteStyle

Reaction score
T
It is true that you could obtain a BnTailor suit more cheaply by going directly to the source, so to speak. However, many people would not have the time, nor the inclination, to visit South Korea in order to obtain a suit. Also, as sliq noted, you'd probably have to be there for a few weeks in order to fit in a couple of fittings, particularly for your first garment, and that would add to both the financial cost, and the opportunity cost of using BnTailor in Korea. Finally, I don't know how good the Park family is at speaking English, so that could potentially be an additional issue.

In essence, if you use Joe Ha in Australia, you're paying a bit more to cover his expenses and give him some profit, but you're also paying for convenience. It's up to the individual to decide whether the convenience is worth it.

I definitely agree with you there on the convenience point. However, I feel Joe is charging too much (an extra ~$1000 above BnT's retail price). Joe is also likely to be getting it at wholesale prices... so he is definitely making a huge margin.

If Joe was charging a more reasonable margin then I would be inclined to argue he would get much more business without individuals like myself feeling ripped off for paying +$1K just for an agency service. A reasonable price for me would be an extra $500 max.

Guess if you are a BnT fan... order your first suit from Joe to nail the fitting... then re-order directly from BnT.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trump