• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Attending a Wedding at San Francisco

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey guys!

So, as above, I'm attending in April 28, if I don't remember bad, a wedding in San Jose. Yeap, I know it's not San Francisco but I plan to take advantage of the trip and get to know as much as I can.

I have a couple of questions, some related to the trip, others related to menswear.

So, as for the trip. We will be flying from Mexico City to San Francisco. Then, we will drive to Sunnyvale. We think we can stay there and be close of the are in which the event is going to take place but also we can visit some other places. So, what hotels do you recommend? We don't need a fancy hotel, take into account the $USD/MXN. We were thinking maybe something around $100 USD per night. Is there another place nearby San Jose you recommend?

Secondly... which stores I should visit? I would like to see if I can buy some Red Wing Iron Rangers.

Now, as for the menswear part... around here people doesn't pay a lot of attention on how you dress to a wedding. Last time I wore a blue suit. Here's the pic.

38836151240_7df45807fd_b.jpg

The tie would be different, Iwould wear a glen check tie. But I was thinking a gray suit would be a nice choice too. Or do you think that blue one could work too? By the way, how's the weather at the end of April in that area?

Back to the suits. I was thinking these could work well:

1. Spier & Mackay: https://www.spierandmackay.com/medium-gray-sharkskin-contemporary-fit.html

medium-gray-sharkskin-main2611_big6659_big_2.jpg

2. Spier & Mackay: https://www.spierandmackay.com/vbc-medium-gray-contemporary-fit.html

studio-session-340-1500x1500-1_1_2.jpg

3. SuitSupply Napoli: https://us.suitsupply.com/es/suits/...=colorID&prefv1=grey&prefn2=fit&prefv2=Napoli

P5225M_5.jpg

4. SuitSupply Lazio: https://us.suitsupply.com/es/suits/...AI.html?cgid=Suits&prefn1=colorID&prefv1=grey

P2505LA_5.jpg

Thanks in advance for all the help!

BlairW

Reaction score
The Lazio always looks great on you, I always admire your blue 3 piece one. IMO much better than your latest S&M acquisition.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Lazio always looks great on you, I always admire your blue 3 piece one. IMO much better than your latest S&M acquisition.
Thanks man. The S&M is a cut that has been updated. I ordered a new Sportcoat in which the cut is updated. I think that one should fit better. The thing I like about S&M is that I can order the jacket in 44L and the trouser in 35. With SS they usually need to take in 2" in the wasit of the trouser. The jackets (Napoli, Washington, Lazio, Havana) fit very very nice.

BlairW

Reaction score
Thanks man. The S&M is a cut that has been updated. I ordered a new Sportcoat in which the cut is updated. I think that one should fit better. The thing I like about S&M is that I can order the jacket in 44L and the trouser in 35. With SS they usually need to take in 2" in the wasit of the trouser. The jackets (Napoli, Washington, Lazio, Havana) fit very very nice.

Still reckon the Lazio jacket looks substantially better. Adjusting the trousers might not be ideal but with a jacket that fits that good I’d run with it.

The Lazio grey you pictured I have owned before - it’s quite a buisness like fabric. You could maybe look for something with a bit more texture for a wedding?

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think your blue suits looks fantastic!
Thanks mate!

Still reckon the Lazio jacket looks substantially better. Adjusting the trousers might not be ideal but with a jacket that fits that good I’d run with it.

The Lazio grey you pictured I have owned before - it’s quite a buisness like fabric. You could maybe look for something with a bit more texture for a wedding?
Do you have some examples to consider?

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads