• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can I wear this belt with these shoes? These are my first Allan Edmonds shoes - Jeffersons. The belt was custom made and was supposed to be dark brown (described on the site as "dark brown is close to being black"). Any input is appreciated!

You can wear them together, they're close enough.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It pains me greatly to say it, but Michael Kors makes pretty nice polos as well.

I ran into some today at The Rack... have to say I wasn't impressed even at $40. Boxy cut, ****** fabric, lame buttons embossed with "Michael Kors" and worst of all Made In China! :uhoh:

Last edited:

Makoto Chan

Reaction score

hey, im new round here and just looking for a quick answer. sorry in advance if this is the wrong section for this post or whatever :)

normally dress quite street/chavy, and wanting to get more into fashion and smarter. want some smart shoes and smarter jeans without brands plastered all over them. dont really want vans and chinos as everyone is wearing those atm <_<

so just wondering if these jeans and shoes go together? Thanks :)

http://www.bankfashion.co.uk/product/voi-jeans-flip-lace-ups/74391/

http://www.bankfashion.co.uk/product/rivington-denim-utility-pocket-jeans---reg/01010/

There is another forum called "Streetwear and Denim" that might be more suitable to your tastes, based on the links. But anyway those shoes and jeans are pretty simple so they should go together fine.

odonnell

Reaction score
Hi, new member here. I'm looking for some shoes. I will wear these almost every day, so they need to be very well made and comfortable—mostly just not too stiff so there is no painful pinching when the foot bends. This almost never happens to me, but I can't find fault in the shoes this man is wearing, at least for my intentions—not bulky, not too shiny, supple…

It appears they may have some patterned perforations, which I am indifferent to. If anyone could help me locate these or something with similar characteristics, I would be most grateful. Budget is somewhat constrained, but I am more worried about quality than saving money.

odonnell

Reaction score
Another quick question: is there some consensus on what constitutes a good wool sock, and who makes the best reasonably priced ones?

12345Michael54321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am going to get a suit altered. Should I cuff the pants or not?

When it comes to suits (and to a significant, but not universal extent, even when it doesn't come to suits) I prefer the look of cuffs. And at least in theory the weight of the cuff may help the pants hang a little better. If the pants are pleated, I'd very strongly prefer cuffs. If plain front, I simply strongly prefer cuffs.

But what you're really asking is "Do you like cuffs?" There are folks who do, and others who don't. So just decide for yourself which look you prefer, and then go with that.

If you want to read more about "To cuff or not to cuff," a Google search on "should cuff pants site:www.styleforum.net" will likely turn up dozens of threads, many of them addressing your precise question.
--
Michael

Sagan

Reaction score
thoughts on these jcrews on mr porter? 225 for a first pair of brogues to see if I like them. Little worried that the sole is chunky. Thanks.

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, new member here. I'm looking for some shoes. I will wear these almost every day, so they need to be very well made and comfortable—mostly just not too stiff so there is no painful pinching when the foot bends. This almost never happens to me, but I can't find fault in the shoes this man is wearing, at least for my intentions—not bulky, not too shiny, supple…

Budget is somewhat constrained, but I am more worried about quality than saving money.

Not that similar to the ones in your picture, but have you looked at suede double monks? (I personally think they look amazing incorporated into a fitting outfit
rolleyes.gif
)
they certainly aren't bulky, not shiny either, and well, they do look supple
And when it comes to shoes, it's worth splurging out on a pair

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads