• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

sanchito

Reaction score
Last edited:

TheBurnOut

Reaction score
Those look like they had the old spring style trees like these-

They will sometimes give the shoe an odd shape.

TheBurnOut

Reaction score
I'd keep looking.

There's always a pair of park aves for $100. It's not a bad deal, but it's not a once in a lifetime deal, either.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

sanchito

Reaction score
I'd keep looking.

There's always a pair of park aves for $100. It's not a bad deal, but it's not a once in a lifetime deal, either.

Awesome...thanks for the reality check...I figured as much, just wanted it confirmed by someone that's a little more seasoned....

Last edited:

Sam Edge

Reaction score
Hi there, I have fallen with love with a vintage coat on eBay. Problem is, I don't know if it will fit. I normally wear a mens XXL in most items, and the coat is a tagged 46. This means it would be iffy. But the measurements the seller gives leads me to think it might fit, as they are quite generous (50+ for waist and hips).
Can anyone give me an advice about whether this would fit? I asked my seamstress Grandmother about the weird sizing, but she didn't have a clue.
Any help would be REALLY appreciated!

Here is the seller's description, for your reference

It is marked size 46, measures a 58 inch chest, 56 inch hips, and it is 36 inches long down the center back from the neck seam. It is in great condition, the most minor of flaws being pencil eraser sized balding spots, one on the back of each sleeve. Shipping will be $16.85.​

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross post from another thread:

I recently purchased a Paul Smith London suit. Fits great and is half canvassed. But I was curious as to who makes the suits for Paul Smith London. Here's the pic of the inner tag:

Here is a tag from a different Paul Smith suit (photo credit to Pocketcircle):

Who are these companies?

emptyvase

Reaction score
My quick question: Is wearing a cotton blazer (such as this) in a business casual workplace acceptable? Or should it be left for casual wear only?

Spurious

Reaction score
I am looking for a messenger bag and a weekender.
Buget is between $250/200€ and $500/400€.

Any brands I should be looking at? Filson is an obvious one, any other brands?

Dark Knot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Bought this shirt recently.
http://www.harvieandhudson.com/product/362/Shirts/Clearance_Shirts

The pink is brighter than the picture and I'm not sure what type of tie/s to wear with it???

Doesn't need to be trendy, just formal!!

Thanks in advance.
A solid navy blue tie or a red tie with a hint of blue in it could work. I would avoid stripes unless you can find a striped tie where the stripes are fairly wide apart. You can see more insight into this at my men's formalwear fashion blog: http://suitupdressup.wordpress.com

Xtra

Reaction score
Any suggestions for sweaters of good value? Good value in this context meaning good cloth (pref. wool) and decent construction for 200$ pr. sweater. If the sweater is very durable, I might stretch my limit to 300$.

Slim fit and no details. (Nothing larger/more noticeable than the PRL logo on their sweaters/other items) Anyone know of any manufacturers that spring to mind that present decent/good value? If possible, with regular shipping to Europe/Norway, but I can manage a proxy as well.

I've had some PRL sweaters, but they really don't hold up well. At least that's my experience with both thin merino wool ones and somewhat thicker wool sweaters I have had from PRL. Also tried sweaters from HM and different local vendors here in my hometown, but they rarely hold up nicely.

I will try to get a hold of the Inverallan 6A as I think that's a nice sweater of good quality, but any other good suggestions?

Last edited:

Xtra

Reaction score
There's always the SF-darling SNS Herning.

Good idea, I think a local retailer carries some SNS Herning. I'll stop by their shop to check out their sweaters.

Do you know a good online retailer for SNS Herning? Because I think the store here maybe carries like 3-4 different models.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads