• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are pinks shirts passe now?

Holstein Bilter

Reaction score
Hi all,

I actually posted in the past regarding if people owned/wore pink shirts
and an overwhelming majority did.

That was about a year ago.

Now in May 08, I dip into the closet and I look at my pink button shirt
and I'm hardpressed to wear it again.

I barely see it worn these days, or is it because it's the season? Is less
pink worn around the fall/winter, and I'll see more pink this summer.

I used to look at pink as a refreshing color to wear and now it seems
more of an eyesore.

Has anyone else come up w/similar conclusions?
Is it out of style?

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In fashion things become passe, but not in style...well, not in the extremes as they do in fashion. Sure, things come and go in popularity, but they're not necessarily out. Now, I'm not sure if pink shirts are less popular right now, but I don't really pay attention. I have a few, I really like them, they fit me well, and so I just continue to wear them. If you're not confident in whether you should wear them, or if you just don't care for them any more, then don't wear them. If you really do like them though, wear them and enjoy them. Nobody worth considering will think ill of you for it.

thetieguy

Reaction score
No. Pink shirts will always be a classic and attractive look. If you have one you like, wear it.

Holstein Bilter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
In fashion things become passe, but not in style...well, not in the extremes as they do in fashion. Sure, things come and go in popularity, but they're not necessarily out. Now, I'm not sure if pink shirts are less popular right now, but I don't really pay attention. I have a few, I really like them, they fit me well, and so I just continue to wear them. If you're not confident in whether you should wear them, or if you just don't care for them any more, then don't wear them. If you really do like them though, wear them and enjoy them. Nobody worth considering will think ill of you for it.

Great post Teacher. I'm just alarmed at how my tastes somehow changed suddenly w/out me realizing it.

I like my shirt too. I think I'll continue to wear it.

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's never out of style. But it really depends on the shade of pink that works best with you.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are pinks shirts passe now?"
The are not passÃ
00a9.png
now.
They were not passÃ
00a9.png
yesterday
They will not be passÃ
00a9.png
tomorrow.

That's present, past & future.

Teacher certainly hit the nail on the head. Listen to teacher.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
LOL the fit on that, is better then the brooks brothers catalog models.

I wear my pink shirt often, i like it. Its a bright pink so it gets more comments then a subtle pink.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

khaki sack

Reaction score
Pink shirts are classic. But beware, if you wear pink shorts ,you must get accustom to the violence based on shirt color,and pattern matching.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brandsvalley