• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone visited the new Caruso store in NYC?

Anm1984

Reaction score
I was there today. was there something in particular you wanted to know? Ill assume you are somewhat familiar with the brand and quality so wont bother with that (obviously the items where fantastic the outwear in particular which I hadn't seen before). The store itself is quite large, probably too large as the clothing can kind of disappear in the space. The fact that it will never be a high volume store and is not a well known brand also hurts as it adds to the feeling of the size being overwhelming when its just you and a few sales associates and a handful of people at most. The space is at least well laid out and nicely decorated, they managed to make it not feel too stuffy/formal but also not in any way trendy. The sales associates where very pleasant and helpful, they where also very mindful that I was the only one in the store and didn't overdo it and let me wander around looking, and still answered all my questions knowing full well I had no intention of purchasing anything as I told them I just happened to be walking past and saw the store (which was true). The one I spoke with was also more knowledgable then most SAs I have dealt with. Although interestingly he had never heard of Ma Co. which I believe was the parent company of Caruso, he claimed they had just switched ownership. I find this interesting as this is their first store and maybe the new ownership has new or different plans on how to expand, I would be interested if anyone had any info on this. I think its great and long overdue for them to actually have a physical store. I hate going to the large department stores for dress clothing, now you have another great high quality option.

Viatu

Reaction score
I was there today. was there something in particular you wanted to know? Ill assume you are somewhat familiar with the brand and quality so wont bother with that (obviously the items where fantastic the outwear in particular which I hadn't seen before). The store itself is quite large, probably too large as the clothing can kind of disappear in the space. The fact that it will never be a high volume store and is not a well known brand also hurts as it adds to the feeling of the size being overwhelming when its just you and a few sales associates and a handful of people at most. The space is at least well laid out and nicely decorated, they managed to make it not feel too stuffy/formal but also not in any way trendy. The sales associates where very pleasant and helpful, they where also very mindful that I was the only one in the store and didn't overdo it and let me wander around looking, and still answered all my questions knowing full well I had no intention of purchasing anything as I told them I just happened to be walking past and saw the store (which was true). The one I spoke with was also more knowledgable then most SAs I have dealt with. Although interestingly he had never heard of Ma Co. which I believe was the parent company of Caruso, he claimed they had just switched ownership. I find this interesting as this is their first store and maybe the new ownership has new or different plans on how to expand, I would be interested if anyone had any info on this. I think its great and long overdue for them to actually have a physical store. I hate going to the large department stores for dress clothing, now you have another great high quality option.

Thanks, a lot. Much appreciated. Yes, from what I've read a Chinese company purchased part of Caruso and they are indeed expanding the brand and will be opening more stores.

Anm1984

Reaction score
I didn't look to extensively at the pricing but the sport coats I did see were under 2k, and the suits around that mark which seems like their normal pricing and in line with Canali and Corneliani. Its interesting about the new ownership and sounds like they will be trying to focus more on their label and less private label, like Corneliani, but have stand alone stores like Canali (who do zero private label). I would definitely go back when Im in the market for another coat as I have always found Caruso to be excellent value, in many ways they Canali and Corneliani are the benchmark for a great suit, there might not be much / any handwork but they are perfectly machine made with great fabrics and construction. I think with the price increases in the group above them like Isaia (whom I ilike) and Zenga (whom I don't) this is even more true. If they don't have a huge mto/mtm it will be an even better option.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads