• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any One for a Scotch?

kayjaybee

Reaction score
+1 on the other recommendations for Lagavulin 16 and Talisker 10.
If you want something less peaty, give Oban 14 a go.
A great non-Islay, non-Island, peaty dram is the Longrow CV. I love this bottle, and it is very reasonably priced.
At (or near) the price point of the HP 18, though, I'd look at Talisker 18, Ardbeg Corryvreckan, and Springbank 18.

Great recommendations...if you like smoke and peat give Laphroaig 18yr a try. Reasonably priced and it's a great dram. 15yr is even better but you can't find it many places anymore. Right now I have Talisker 10yr, 18yr; Laphroaig Quarter Cask; and Oban 14yr. Just tried Ardbeg 10yr for the first time and it was fantastic - also worth a look. However, Lagavulin 16yr has to be my #1...MMMMmmmmm. ;o)

I love scotch and am always looking forward to trying something new. Good luck!

...oh and always neat, never OTR. ;o)

Last edited:

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love the Laphroaig 18y, but I wouldn't call $100 a bottle "reasonably priced". Depends on your standards I suppose.

I am DIL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was really good -- cold and wet and rainy, so it went beautifully with the mood.

For some reason though, they kept serving these really ****** cocktails before they actually brought the 10 out. That was the only bad part.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Anybody seen/tried this Murray Mc Caol Ila done in Haut Brion? My dad is visiting in a week or so, buying a little booze to sip on during his visit, wondering if this one would be any good. I like what Murray McDavid does with Islays and the French casks, the peat and sweet was great with Bowmore and d'Yquem.

197794_10100940010717940_1432915013_n.jpg

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a bottle of that last fall/winter or the one before. I recall it being very medicinal and a touch sweet on the finish. I liked it a lot. In my experience CI takes on wine finishes very nicely.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Cool. I think I will snag it and report back. Price is not too bad, might be able to find cheaper online too, that was just some local poncy supermarket.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads