• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any comments on the new "4H Body" book?

Essentio

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the comments!

Got my copy, reading it now. So far seems to be a good book from the first few chapters :)

Alex C

Reaction score
I'm interested to hear feedback on his "PAGG" supplement stack. I'm leery of the idea that a mix of herbal stuff and whatnot can be equal to an ECA stack, which is suggesting PAGG in place of.

thejohngalt100

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alex C
I'm interested to hear feedback on his "PAGG" supplement stack. I'm leery of the idea that a mix of herbal stuff and whatnot can be equal to an ECA stack, which is suggesting PAGG in place of.

Today is day 8 of my PAGG stack. I'm doing it with the Slow Carb Diet. Will post results in ~ 3 weeks.

Starting out at 69" ~160 lbs and 13% BF

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ECA =
Ephedrine (derived from Ephedra Distachya)
Caffeine (derived from Coffee, Tea, a bunch of other stuff)
Aspirin (derived from willowbark, other herbs)

So sure, it could be equaled by herbal.

gabekassel

Reaction score
I've followed a paleo/primal diet for over two years. This diet works extremely well. I've just started folding the PAGG stack protocol in as well, and I have to say I'm seeing quick bodyfat changes.

I think like anything else it shouldn't be maintained forever, but I'm curious to accumulate some statistics across the internet as to how people are doing.

I've also seen sites like paggpack.com start to sell the stack all ready to go - interested to see if that idea takes off as well.

Unbreakable

Reaction score
Awesome, keep us up to date on the PAGG.

Also a note, theres a typo, the Green Tea extract shouldnt really be taken before bed because of insomnia. http://twitter.com/tferriss

Also where are you all getting you PAGG of choice from? One B/M, or several online, or one online. Was thinking about trying it out for a month and see.

Thanks

lachyg

Reaction score
Pretty cool to see all the people taking it. I've set up PAGG Stack, around a week ago. Got the idea whilst reading his book, and rereading 4-Hour Work Week. Would be happy to answer any questions!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lachyg
Pretty cool to see all the people taking it. I've set up PAGG Stack, around a week ago. Got the idea whilst reading his book, and rereading 4-Hour Work Week. Would be happy to answer any questions!

Lachyg, I'd be really interested to hear how your site does. It's essentially the definition of a 4HWW muse. How many sales have you gotten so far? Do you have much experience with muses and/or lifestyle design?

As for the book, I gave it a bit of a read. I wish the instructions were clearer and more laid out... It relies on stories and anecdotes to get through.

The most interesting concept to me was the "minimum effective dose". The two examples I remember were something to the extent of: 1. If it takes 15 minutes in the sun for your body to begin a major production of melanin, then any additional time in the sun isn't effective because you get minimal return for your time, and 2. You can attain better muscle growth if you trigger body-wide hormone releases... Basically do a minimal number of big compound lifts to release the hormone and you'll get significantly bigger results.

Anyone have thoughts on minimum effective dose?

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First impression, Tim Ferriss is a raging douchebag.

The slow-carb diet is the same **** you can find innumerable places on the Internet - it's essentially paleo but he encourages more legumes/less meat than they do.

The lifting sections are machine-driven bodybuilding (which I find questionable) or Pavel's Power to the People w/ bench press replacing the bent press or OHP. Only without any of the useful things you can learn in PTTP (like form).

The sex section is as creepy as Ferriss is douchey.

Dude has clearly had experience with "better living through chemistry," he should have written a book on that. Might have been worth $15-20.

Don't buy this retail. If you get a freebie fine, or maybe pay the Kindle price for drug advice.

lachyg

Reaction score
A tiny bit of muse experience. This is selling really well, and am glad to have as many people get PAGG as possible.

Looking forward to seeing peoples actual experience using the Stack.

Originally Posted by CommanderPeanut
Lachyg, I'd be really interested to hear how your site does. It's essentially the definition of a 4HWW muse. How many sales have you gotten so far? Do you have much experience with muses and/or lifestyle design?

As for the book, I gave it a bit of a read. I wish the instructions were clearer and more laid out... It relies on stories and anecdotes to get through.

The most interesting concept to me was the "minimum effective dose". The two examples I remember were something to the extent of: 1. If it takes 15 minutes in the sun for your body to begin a major production of melanin, then any additional time in the sun isn't effective because you get minimal return for your time, and 2. You can attain better muscle growth if you trigger body-wide hormone releases... Basically do a minimal number of big compound lifts to release the hormone and you'll get significantly bigger results.

Anyone have thoughts on minimum effective dose?

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JhwkMac
Say what you will about Tim Ferriss, but I am down 6lbs in 1 week from diet alone. no supplements, no exercises, no ice baths.

Yeah, well, amazing what paying attention to what you eat will do.

It isn't that a lot of what Ferris is doing is original at all, it is that he compiled a bunch of stuff he felt worked. Of course he did a ton of stuff all at the same time, didn't double blind, and had a lot of nonsense in there as well. So even if something is working in there, I doubt it is all of it (something even he admits).

Basically he is good at self promotion.

I basically started adding cinnamon to my morning coffee. So far that is about it. Thinking about PAGG, but it is too pricey to do just on a lark. Better to do fish oil and Vit D right now I think.

And I agree with the criticisms about how it is laid out. He should have had a checklist for each of the "programs" he lays out instead of making people comb through the text.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member