• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Beautiful! I love the color. How do they fit? What kind of feedback will you give A.?
They fit very well, had a lightly tightness in my left pinky toe and a quirk with my heel, but he fixed everything for the final shoe. The test shoe is still one of my most worn shoes.

How much for in total for you?
Only have two shoes so far, might do a boot or loafer next. If you meant how much it cost, I don't remember.

okay thanks, those are so nice. how are they wearing in? are the welt stitches hidden at the waist?

They're great, breaking in very nicely. I don't know enough about welting to tell you, but this is a closer side view if it helps-

Last edited:

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks I just wanted to see a close up of the sides of the shoe where the upper meets the sole. In the second of the pictures, those area are blocked by the shoe and/or are in the shadow.

I get what you are trying to say,
I have a pair of aurum test shoes, and a pair of incoming argentum line test chukkas.
For all intents and purposes, I think test shoes for both lines are made to the same standards, because they cost the same. Or at least my price quote was the same. Unless your test shoe is of a unique pattern that Antonio has to make modifications on (and thus incurring greater cost).
I did suspect the waist might be blake stitched instead of goodyear as it is very much beveled and cut extremely close to the uppers, and no welt is visible.
Even if it was, it does not bother me, as the end result looks really really good.
Here is a picture of the test shoes. If you would like a closer picture, I'll take some when I get home later tonight.

https://www.instagram.com/p/-kh4AzyVrd/?taken-by=thunder_march

Last edited:

stanchri

Reaction score
I have a pair of aurum test shoes, and a pair of incoming argentum line test chukkas.
For all intents and purposes, I think test shoes for both lines are made to the same standards, because they cost the same. Or at least my price quote was the same. Unless your test shoe is of a unique pattern that Antonio has to make modifications on (and thus incurring greater cost).
I did suspect the waist might be blake stitched instead of goodyear as it is very much beveled and cut extremely close to the uppers, and no welt is visible.
Even if it was, it does not bother me, as the end result looks really really good.
Here is a picture of the test shoes. If you would like a closer picture, I'll take some when I get home later tonight.

Is the price of the test shoes different for Aurum vs Argentum?
I had thought from previous posts here that the cost of the aurum test shoes was €300 plus the €1150 for the actual final aurum shoes. Am I mistaken?

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
350 for test shoe for Argentum in my latest project. Test shoes Goodyear welted. Doing a loafer project now

mcl911

Reaction score

Is the price of the test shoes different for Aurum vs Argentum?
I had thought from previous posts here that the cost of the aurum test shoes was €300 plus the €1150 for the actual final aurum shoes. Am I mistaken?

That's what I paid too, I ordered last June, but just gave him some feedback one month ago. The test shoes are good year welt, g&g have their welt and stitch similar to this as well.

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look pretty baller. I actually would prefer if the welt around the waist were cut closer and or hidden but I would like to see some close ups if you have a moment. Thanks much.

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look pretty baller. I actually would prefer if the welt around the waist were cut closer and or hidden but I would like to see some close ups if you have a moment. Thanks much.
Whole welt or around the waist itself? I will try to get a picture of my Aurums at some point, the waist is insane.

He can cut the general welt however you like. Black Aurums are very tight. Hatchgrains are the house style.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's no commotion, it's just that if you want the technical details/what is possible, it's probably best to go to the source. We can only explain so much - he's the creator and knows what's possible after all

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads